Seoul Family Fun: Naru Guesthouse's Amazing Family Room!

Naru Guesthouse(Family room) Seoul South Korea

Naru Guesthouse(Family room) Seoul South Korea

Seoul Family Fun: Naru Guesthouse's Amazing Family Room!

Seoul Family Fun: Naru Guesthouse's Amazing Family Room! – A Mom's Honest Take (and a Plea for Sanity!)

Okay, folks, buckle up. Because I'm about to embark on a review journey that’s less polished travel brochure and more…well, a frazzled mom’s diary entry, fueled by copious amounts of coffee and the desperate hope for a decent night's sleep. We stayed at Seoul Family Fun: Naru Guesthouse, specifically in their Amazing Family Room, and let me tell you, the amazing part is both wonderfully true and, at times, hilariously aspirational.

First Impressions (and the Airport Transfer…Oh, the Airport Transfer!)

Landing in Seoul with two kids in tow is basically a masterclass in chaos. Thankfully, Naru Guesthouse offers airport transfer – a lifesaver, honestly. Finding the driver? A minor adventure involving frantic gesturing and the very helpful, yet slightly bewildered, security guard. But hey, we got there! This, incidentally, already scores them points. The guesthouse itself? Clean, bright, and surprisingly… calm. After the flight, that's practically nirvana.

The Family Room: Is it Really Amazing? (Spoiler: Mostly, Yes!)

Let's get down to brass tacks: the family room. They call it amazing, and while I wouldn't go that far (nothing with two kids is always amazing, let's be real), it's genuinely good.

  • Space is Key: The room is HUGE! There's a seating area where I could actually sit down and breathe without tripping over Legos. There's an extra long bed (bliss!), a sofa perfect for collapsing on after a day of sightseeing, and even a laptop workspace if you, like me, occasionally have to sneak in a little work. The carpeting felt clean, always a HUGE relief when you're dealing with kids and potential messes.

  • Amenities That Matter (and Some That Don't…Yet):

    • Free Wi-fi in all rooms! - Crucial. Absolutely crucial. You wouldn't survive otherwise.
    • Air Conditioning: Thank goodness! Seoul summers are brutal.
    • Coffee/tea maker: A lifesaver. Coffee is life, okay?
    • Refrigerator: Perfect for storing snacks (and sneaking in our own drinks).
    • They also have complimentary tea and free bottled water, nice touches.
    • Hair dryer: Essential. No more looking like a drowned rat every morning!
    • Ironing facilities: I didn't use them. I mean, have you tried ironing while simultaneously preventing a toddler from coloring on the walls? It's an Olympic sport.
    • Mirror: Multiple. Crucial for the morning routine when you're juggling kids and trying to look presentable.
    • Non-smoking rooms: Thank you, universe.
    • Private bathroom with a separate shower/bathtub: Glorious. A proper soak after a long day of kid-wrangling is practically a religious experience.
    • Satellite/cable channels: A blessing for the kids (and a chance for me to sneak in a bit of Korean TV!).
  • What Could Be Better (Because Let's Keep it Real):

    • The Internet access – LAN/wireless was reliable but sometimes spotty. Maybe it was my kids hogging all the bandwidth, who knows?
    • The decorations were a little… basic. Nothing particularly offensive, but nothing particularly inspiring either. A few more pops of color wouldn't go amiss.

Cleanliness and Safety: Because Peace of Mind is Priceless

Okay, I'm neurotic about cleanliness. I have to be when traveling with kids. Naru scores well here:

  • Rooms sanitized between stays and Daily disinfection in the common areas give me peace of mind.
  • Hand sanitizer was readily available.
  • Staff trained in safety protocol and Doctor/nurse on call always makes you feel protected.
  • The fact that they had Hot water linen and laundry washing and Room sanitization opt-out available was a HUGE plus.
  • CCTV in common areas and Fire extinguisher make me breathe a sigh of relief.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Fueling the Adventure!

Breakfast at the Guesthouse was pretty good! They offer Asian breakfast options (bibimbap, anyone?) and Western breakfast. It was tasty, fulfilling, and kept us going for hours (or at least until the first "I'm hungry!" cry from my toddler).

  • The Restaurant had a good selection (though I can't remember much because I was busy juggling food and kids).
  • Room service [24-hour] is a definite advantage if you just want to hide with some goodies.
  • The Coffee/tea in restaurant was a definite plus for this caffeine-deprived mom.
  • They had a Snack bar as well, ideal for kids.

Things To Do (and Ways to Relax, if You Dare!)

Look, with two kids, "relax" means different things. The guesthouse itself doesn't have a pool or spa facilities. But it's close to everything!

  • Things to do: Perfect location for exploring Seoul's major attractions, and a huge pro! Easy access to public transport is a must when travelling with kids, and Naru Guesthouse nails it.
  • For the Kids: They don't have a dedicated kids' club or playground, but the family room space makes it much easier to relax with the kids.

Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter

  • Daily housekeeping: Thank you, sweet heavens! The thought of making my own bed and cleaning the bathroom after a day of sightseeing is enough to make me cry. They did a great job.
  • Concierge: Helpful with booking tours and answering all sorts of questions (even the slightly insane ones I had!).
  • Laundry service: Saved us a boatload of packing!
  • Luggage storage - very useful on checkout
  • Elevator: Always a plus!
  • Cash withdrawal: very convenient.
  • Contactless check-in/out - a definite benefit in the current climate

The Verdict: Should You Book? (Absolutely!)

Honestly? Absolutely. This is a fantastic option for families. The Amazing Family Room lives up to its name, offering space, comfort, and a sense of calm amidst the chaos of travel with kids. The location is superb, the staff are friendly and helpful and the cleanliness is top-notch. The guesthouse is well-equipped, the breakfast is good, and the airport transfer is a godsend.

Here's My Honest Pitch (and a Plea for Sanity!):

Tired of cramped hotel rooms and stressed-out kids? Yearning for a getaway that's actually relaxing (or at least, less stressful)?

Book the "Amazing Family Room" at Seoul Family Fun: Naru Guesthouse!

Here's what you get:

  • Space, Glorious Space! The huge family room means kids (and parents!) can spread out and breathe.
  • Cleanliness You Can Trust! Let's be honest: cleanliness is key.
  • Convenience, Convenience, Convenience! Great location, easy access to transport, and all the amenities you need.
  • Peace of Mind. The staff is friendly and helpful.
  • Breakfast that Doesn't Involve You Cooking. Enough said.

My Recommendation:

If you're looking for a comfortable, convenient, and genuinely family-friendly stay in Seoul, look no further. Book the Amazing Family Room at Naru Guesthouse now! You won't regret it. (Just… maybe pack extra snacks. And earplugs. You'll thank me later.)

Chengdu's Hidden Gem: Idyll Keywell Hotel Near Jiaotong University!

Book Now

Naru Guesthouse(Family room) Seoul South Korea

Naru Guesthouse(Family room) Seoul South Korea

Okay, buckle up, buttercups! This itinerary for Naru Guesthouse in Seoul is less a laser-focused plan and more a chaotic collection of possibilities, punctuated by my own internal monologue (read: a lot of rambling). Consider yourselves warned!

Naru Guesthouse, Seoul: The "I'm-Probably-Gonna-Screw-This-Up" Itinerary

Day 1: Arrival and Disorientation (AKA "Lost in Translation…Again")

  • Morning (like, REALLY morning - 5:00 AM flight, who am I?): Arrive Incheon Airport. Pray to the travel gods my luggage made the connections (it probably won't). Taxi to Naru Guesthouse in the Seodaemun district. This is where the real fun begins. Finding the place with a Korean address and Google Maps? A test of my sanity…and potentially my marriage. I swear I saw a sign for Naru, then POOF! Gone. Cue existential crisis re: my navigational abilities.
  • Mid-Morning (after finally finding the guesthouse, maybe?): Check into the Family Room. Fingers crossed it's not a closet disguised as a room. The photos online were suspiciously perfect. Immediately assess the bathroom situation. Does it have a shower curtain? Is the water pressure enough to remove the layers of airport grime? (Important questions, people!)
  • Late Morning/Early Afternoon: Recover from the flight. Probably nap. Definitely nap. Jet lag is a sneaky beast. Wake up feeling like a zombie with an overwhelming craving for…something. What is that craving? Hmmm…
  • Afternoon: Venture out into Seodaemun. Locate the nearest convenience store. My mission: Find the perfect, most bizarre Korean snack to ease the transition. Will it be a seaweed-flavored chip? A weirdly sweet drink in a carton? The possibilities are endless… and slightly terrifying. My Korean language skills: "Hello," "Thank you," and "Where is toilet?" That's it, folks. Wish me luck navigating!
  • Evening: Dinner near the guesthouse. Probably a place with picture menus, because, again, my Korean. Maybe attempt to order something adventurous. Or chicken. Chicken is always a safe bet. Afterwards, crawl back to the guesthouse and collapse. Journal a little (if I can stay awake), then sleep. Lots of sleep.

Day 2: Temple Run and the Taste of Spicy Fury

  • Morning: Wake up feeling slightly less like a swamp monster. Attempt (and probably fail) to make coffee in the kitchen. Decide coffee is overrated. Head to (attempted) Gyeongbokgung Palace. This is where history meets my utter lack of direction. I'm aiming for the palace. Might end up in a random alleyway. Details to follow.
    • Side Note:* Maybe wear the hanbok (Korean traditional dress, in case you're not a K-drama junkie) I picked up. Because, photo op and Instagram. Will I look like a tourist? Absolutely. Do I care? Not even slightly.
  • Mid-day (Assuming I'm not lost): Lunch near the palace. This is where things could get spicy. Literally. Korean food is legendary. I'm a wuss when it comes to heat. Wish me luck again. I'm going to make this my main event so I can really get into the details (and get my emotions flowing). This could easily take a long time.
    • Lunch Adventure:
      • The Setup: Found a restaurant right near the palace. Looked bustling with what I had to guess were mostly locals. No English menu. This is the trial-by-fire I signed up for. The helpful waitress, bless her soul, clearly saw the panic in my eyes. She pointed at a picture of something red and slathered in goodness. "Bibimbap?" I asked, praying it wasn't a death sentence in flavor. She nodded, smiling that "Oh, bless your naivete" smile.
      • The First Bite: Okay, I'm gonna be honest. The first bite was a revelation. A symphony of textures. The crunchy rice. The soft veggies. The savory meat. My mouth was watering. It was delicious.
      • The Second Bite, and the Heat Rises: Ah. There it is. The slow burn. The insidious creeping of the spice. My sinuses are starting to sweat. My eyes are watering.
      • The Inevitable Tears: Okay, I am full blown weeping now. Not from sadness, mind you. Just… spicy, delicious, tears. I don't know if it was the heat, or the sheer joy of something new, and good.
      • The Aftermath: I could barely speak for the next hour. I drank approximately three gallons of water. The waitress brought me a little bowl of bean curd – which was a massive win and a welcome salve to the inferno in my mouth (and my bruised ego!).
      • The Verdict: 10/10. Would get my face melted again, but maybe with a little less chili.
  • Afternoon: Explore Insadong. Stroll through the tea houses? Buy too many cute trinkets? Lose myself amongst the art galleries? All of the above, probably.
  • Evening: Head back to the guesthouse. Relax. Maybe try and edit some of the zillions of photos I took. Possibly plan something for tomorrow? (Unlikely. I tend to be more of a "go with the flow…and get horribly lost" type of traveler.)

Day 3: Street Food and a Possible Meltdown

  • Morning: Sleep in. Seriously. I earned it. Maybe consider a late breakfast near the guesthouse. Pancakes or bacon?
  • Afternoon: Go to Myeongdong for shopping and street food. This is where I unleash my inner foodie. Tteokbokki (spicy rice cakes) are a must. Egg bread. Maybe try some live octopus (wish me luck - again). The possibility of food poisoning lurks around every corner.
  • Evening: This is where the "possible meltdown" comes in. I'm trying to learn some basic Korean. I attempt it at the shops, and usually end up looking like a complete fool. Sometimes, the language barrier causes a minor (or major) breakdown. Tears? Possibly. The universe is my emotional, and sometimes physical, punching bag. (Seriously, I once burst into tears in a bakery because the bread was too beautiful.) I try to laugh at my incompetence. Sometimes, I succeed.
    • Side Note: Find a karaoke bar. Belt out some terrible renditions of K-Pop songs? Absolutely. My voice is not a weapon. But it's mine.
  • Night: Sleep, and reflect about my adventure.

Day 4: Culture Shock and Departure (or Extended Stay?)

  • Morning (Optional): Visit the DMZ (Demilitarized Zone) - or remain asleep. Depends on what I've accomplished, and if I can find it. This is a heavy experience, and I might not be up to the emotional rollercoaster.
  • Afternoon: Pack. Squeeze everything into my luggage (which will no doubt be bursting at the seams). A last look around Naru Guesthouse. Will I have loved it? Loathed it? Probably a bit of both.
  • Evening: Head to the airport. Say goodbye to Seoul. Or, if this trip goes south (as in, me finding myself in the mountains, lost and alone), make an extended stay.

Important Considerations and Rambling Thoughts (because why not?):

  • Transportation: Subway. Taxi. Walking. Lots and lots of walking. I’ll get lost, repeatedly. That's almost guaranteed.
  • Food: Eat everything. Even the things that look scary. Embrace the chaos!
  • Money: Budget? What budget? I'm terrible at planning. Bring extra cash. Always bring extra cash.
  • Mental State: Expect a good amount of confusion, excitement, and general bewilderment. Embrace the chaos. Don't be afraid to look like a complete idiot (I certainly won't be).
  • The Truth: This itinerary is just a suggestion. The real adventure is whatever happens in between. God speed and good luck. You'll need it. And so will I.
Baguio's BEST Kept Secret: Amabel's Homestay Condo (DOT Accredited)!

Book Now

Naru Guesthouse(Family room) Seoul South Korea

Naru Guesthouse(Family room) Seoul South Korea

Seoul Family Fun: Naru Guesthouse's Family Room – The Unofficial Guide (Because Let's Be Real, Official Guides are BORING!)

Okay, Seriously, Is the Naru Guesthouse Family Room ACTUALLY Family-Friendly? (Because "Family-Friendly" Can Mean Anything… or Nothing!)

Alright, let's be real. "Family-friendly" is a marketing term, right? Kind of like "luxury." It can mean *anything*. But at Naru Guesthouse? From my experience… **YES, ABSOLUTELY YES.**

We’re talking about a place where they *get* it. They have little details that show they understand families. Things like... (and I’m just going to ramble for a second because this is important...)

We arrived, our two kids were practically feral after a 12-hour flight, and the woman at the desk (bless her heart, I think her name was Ji-woo?) immediately offered them a small snack. Nothing fancy, just some little biscuits, but for those starving, whining, toddler-zombies? Gold. Absolute gold. That alone earned them major points in my book.

Then there's the room itself. Spacious? Yes. Kid-proof? Mostly. They weren't expecting my daredevil toddler to climb the curtains, but honestly? Everything was far more durable than your average hotel room. So, *yes* it's family-friendly *because* they *get* the little things. And, I might add, it's much more family-friendly than my own house, which is currently a minefield of lego bricks and mystery stains.

The Family Room: Is It Really Big Enough… or Do We Have to Squeeze? (Because Sardine-Can Vacations AREN'T Fun)

Okay, this is a BIG one. Room size. In Seoul, space is a premium. And I'm not going to lie; I was worried. We're talking about a family of four – two adults, two young kids (the aforementioned tiny terrors) – and suitcases. Oh, and the *gear*. Strollers. Diaper bags. The obligatory collection of random toys that multiply overnight.

The answer? **It's surprisingly spacious.** I’m not saying you'll be ballroom dancing in there, but we could actually *move*. The kids had enough space to run around (within the bounds of "not destroying everything," of course), and we weren't tripping over each other (most of the time). The room has dedicated sleeping areas, which helped *immensely*. Kids sleep better when you have defined sleeping zones. So it works!

But look, even spacious isn't *perfect*. One tiny, tiny issue -- the soundproofing wasn't amazing. The first night my kids awoke with a *massive* temper tantrum. My wife, having woken up in the process, almost threw me out the window. I'll admit. I then spent the next hour pacing the hallway, and praying to the hotel gods that no one could *hear* the racket. I'll say no more.

What's the Deal with Breakfast? (Because Hangry Kids = Vacation Apocalypse)

Breakfast is KEY, people. Crucial. Literally, it's the difference between a peaceful morning and a full-blown vacation meltdown. Naru's breakfast is... decent. Let's be honest, it's not the Michelin-star experience, but it's definitely a win for families.

They had options. Toast, cereal, fruit, yogurt. The basics. Importantly: they have *kid-friendly* options. So for my picky eaters, the usual drama was greatly reduced, because they had toast, which meant the end of the world wasn't nigh. The real showstopper? The egg station. Freshly made eggs? My kids had a field day. They ate the eggs every single day. So, good, yes, absolutely good and convenient.

The imperfection? It's a little crowded during peak breakfast hours. We had to strategically time our arrival to avoid the morning rush of hungry families. And one day, they ran out of orange juice. My son (who has a *serious* thing for orange juice), nearly had a small breakdown. But a quick trip to the convenience store across the street solved that crisis. Crisis averted! Still, a learning experience! Pack juice boxes!

Location, Location, Location! Is Naru Guesthouse Actually Well-Placed for Exploring Seoul with Kids? (Because, Let's Be Real, Public Transport with Toddlers is a Sport.)

Okay. So, the location. It's good. Really good. But not *perfect*. Okay, so, nothing's ever *perfect* with kids, let’s get that out of the way.

It's in a decent spot – not *right* downtown (which, with kids, can be chaos), but close enough to public transport to get *anywhere*. The subway station is a short walk away. And the subway, in Seoul? Actually, quite kid-friendly. They have elevators, which, for a stroller-toting parent, is a godsend. It’s a gamechanger. And don't get me started on the efficiency! It makes my head spin compared to trains in my hometown.

The immediate area is also great. Loads of restaurants, convenience stores (for emergency juice box runs, naturally), and parks for the kids to burn off that endless energy. There's even a playground nearby. (Be warned: Korean playgrounds are *amazing*. And they give you a bad case of playground envy.)

My only real gripe? The walk to the subway station involved crossing a fairly busy street. Not the *worst* thing ever, but it required constant vigilance with my little escape artists. And the first day we arrived... Well, let's just say I had to do some *serious* chasing after my two year old. But we learned! After that, we mostly survived.

The "Extras": Laundry? Internet? Anything That Makes Life Easier?

Okay, the "extras." These are the little things that make the difference between a bearable vacation and a downright *enjoyable* one.

Laundry: Yes! They actually have laundry facilities. *THANK GOD*. Because the kids are walking biohazards and the amount of clothes we needed to bring was starting to give me anxiety. It wasn't fancy, but it worked. Huge win.

Internet: Good Wi-Fi. Very important for streaming cartoons to distract the children during those inevitable downtime moments. And for checking your email (and frantically Googling "how to deal with a toddler tantrum in a foreign country").

Other extras... They had some basic amenities – toiletries, towels, that sort of thing. Nothing overly luxurious, but perfectly serviceable. It was the little things, like a willingness to help! Ji-woo, again, if I remember the name right, helped us get a taxi so many times! They were helpful. Which, for a family, is gold. And in the end, the details add up. They make a difference.

The "Things I WishStayin The Heart

Naru Guesthouse(Family room) Seoul South Korea

Naru Guesthouse(Family room) Seoul South Korea

Naru Guesthouse(Family room) Seoul South Korea

Naru Guesthouse(Family room) Seoul South Korea