
Hanoi Luxury: Vinhomes Metropolis 2-Bedroom Steal!
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving HEADFIRST into the Hanoi Luxury: Vinhomes Metropolis 2-Bedroom "Steal!" – and trust me, after this review, you'll either be booking a flight or questioning my sanity. Let's get real, shall we? This isn’t your dry, corporate hotel review. We’re talking lived experience here.
(First, the SEO stuff, because, well, google)
Hanoi Luxury Hotel Review: Vinhomes Metropolis 2-Bedroom – Is it a "Steal"? Let's find out! Accessibility, Amenities, and That All-Important Wi-Fi!
Keywords: Hanoi Luxury, Vinhomes Metropolis, 2-Bedroom Apartment, Hanoi Hotel Review, Vietnam Hotels, Luxury Accommodation, Accessible Hotels Hanoi, Family-Friendly Hanoi, Spa Hanoi, Swimming Pool Hanoi, Wi-Fi Hanoi, Hanoi Dining, Best Hotels Hanoi, Hanoi Reviews.
(Now, the REAL talk. Deep breath.)
Okay, so "Steal." That's the big claim, right? We'll get to that. But first, let’s just acknowledge the pre-trip anxiety. You know the feeling? Google Maps, endless reviews, that nagging voice inside saying, "Are you sure about this?" I had it BAD. Coming to Hanoi, a city buzzing with scooters and a sensory overload of sights, sounds, and smells, I was a little… intimidated. Safety? Cleanliness? Was I prepared to haggle over every single water bottle?
(Accessibility - A mixed bag, honestly.)
Let’s start with something important: Accessibility. Honestly, the Vietnamese government has a long way to go so if you need a wheelchair, check with the hotel. But the elevator was a definite plus. The "Facilities for disabled guests" listed, well, I’m going to cautiously say check directly with the property to get specifics. (I’m being vague because I didn’t personally use their disability services. I'm not equipped to comment on that directly.)
(Wi-Fi - Praise the Internet Gods!)
Internet Access: Holy smokes! We’re talking "Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!" and it actually… worked. The Internet [LAN] option was there, too, and the whole shebang – Internet Services – meant I could binge-watch questionable reality TV without buffering ruining my life. You need that. I needed that. Wi-Fi in Public Areas: Smooth and reliable enough to post embarrassing vacation photos without a hitch. (Or, you know, work, if that’s your thing.)
(Cleanliness and Safety - A HUGE sigh of relief)
Okay, this was a big one for me. Coming from a place where "clean" sometimes feels like an aspirational dream, I was thrilled.
- Anti-viral cleaning products: Check
- Daily disinfection in common areas: Check
- Rooms sanitized between stays: Check
- Staff Trained in Safety Protocol: Double-check. I saw it. Felt it. And honestly, after the travel through some very questionable food stands, this was music to my anxiety-ridden ears.
- Hand Sanitizer: Everywhere! Like tiny, helpful sentinels.
- Room sanitization opt-out available: They offered it. I didn't opt-out because, let’s be honest, I wanted the cleaning.
(Dining, Drinking, and Snacking – Foodie Paradise (mostly!)
Restaurants: Yes. Plural.
Asian Cuisine in Restaurant: Absolutely. And the Pho? Chef's kiss. Seriously. The best I had in Hanoi. Period.
Western Cuisine in Restaurant: Yep, for the times you need a familiar comfort.
Breakfast [Buffet]: Ah, the buffet. A glorious battleground of bacon, fruit, and questionable decisions (I'm looking at YOU, mystery meat). It was actually pretty good, though. Varied. Decent coffee (a HUGE win!).
Coffee shop: Needed after that early start, and good strong coffee.
Bar: Yes! And the happy hour was… well, happy. Let's just say the cocktails flowed freely.
Poolside bar: This is where real vacation magic happens, people. Sipping something fruity by the pool? Textbook relaxation.
(But, let's be real, here are some caveats)
- Alternative meal arrangement: Not sure. I didn't need that…
- Buffet in restaurant: Yes.
- A la carte in restaurant: Didn't explore this option.
- Bottle of water: Provided. Appreciated. Dehydration is a real danger.
- Cashless payment service: Yeah but…
- Desserts in restaurant: Meh. But who goes to Vietnam for desserts?
- Happy hour: YES!
- Poolside bar: Heaven.
- Room service [24-hour]: Another win! Especially after a long day of… well, everything.
- Snack bar: Essentials. Nothing fancy.
- Vegetarian restaurant: Not exactly, but I found a few great vegetarian restaurants in the city.
- Salad in restaurant: They have some, not the best, but they had them.
(Things to Do & Ways to Relax - The Pampering Factor!)
Look, I'm a sucker for a bit of pampering. And the Vinhomes Metropolis delivers.
- Pool with view: Seriously Instagram-worthy. I spent a shameful amount of time here.
- Gym/fitness: It existed. I did not. But it looked well-equipped.
- Sauna, Spa, Steamroom (Spa/sauna): All there, all ready to melt your stress away. I did a massage. The pressure was intense, in a good way. Like they were kneading out all the travel knots.
- Massage: See above. Highly recommended.
But, the biggest takeaway was the POOL. Oh, the pool. That view of the city, the sun blazing, the perfect temperature of the water. I swear, I forgot all my troubles there. This is where I doubled down and soaked up every last second.
(Now, the Room – The 2-Bedroom "Steal!"… Really?)
- Available in all rooms: Okay, let's get down to it: Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens.
- Additional toilet (a HUGE win for two bedrooms). The place was massive. It felt luxurious. High ceilings, plenty of space to spread out. The giant windows showcasing that Hanoi cityscape were stunning. The beds? Seriously comfy.
- Room Decorations: Modern, clean lines. Not overly fussy.
- View and High Floor: I got a fantastic view.
The "Steal"? Okay… maybe not a steal in the literal sense, but for the space, the amenities, and the location… the price was REALLY good. Especially for a family.
(Services and Conveniences - The Extras That Make a Difference)
- Concierge: Helpful.
- Daily housekeeping: Impeccable.
- Elevator: Thank the heavens.
- Laundry service, Dry cleaning, Ironing service: All available, all efficient.
- Currency exchange, Cash withdrawal: Super convenient.
- Luggage Storage: No problem.
- Front desk [24-hour], Doorman: Always someone there.
(For the Kids - I didn't have kids, but)
- Babysitting service: Available.
- Family/child friendly: Yep.
- Kids facilities, Kids meal: Didn't use them, but they were listed.
(Getting Around - Scooters are your friend…and enemy.)
- Airport transfer: Ordered. Painless.
- Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Valet parking: Got it covered.
- Taxi service: Readily available.
(The Imperfections - Let's be real!
- The noise: Hanoi is noisy. Be prepared for the symphony of scooters. The soundproofing in the rooms helped, but it’s not perfect.
- Restaurant Staff: I had

Okay, buckle up, buttercups. This itinerary isn't just a list; it's a messy, beautiful, occasionally disastrous attempt at living in a 2-bedroom Vinhomes Metropolis apartment in Hanoi. Prepare for opinions, rambles, and the distinct smell of burnt pho (probably).
Day 1: Arrival - Jet Lagged and Judgy
- Morning (9:00 AM -ish): Landed. Hanoi. My first impression? Smog. Seriously, where's the Instagram-worthy postcard view? Luckily, the pre-booked taxi from the airport (Grab, of course, because I'm a millennial. And cheap.) was surprisingly smooth. The driver kept honking, though. Is that like…Hanoi's national anthem?
- Mid-Morning (10:30 AM): Finally, the Vinhomes Metropolis. Apartment is…okay. The pics online were slightly deceptive. It’s clean, modern-ish. But the balcony overlooks some other balconies and a construction site. Hope I don't mind a constant soundtrack of jackhammers and the faint smell of what I think is incense. Jet lag is hitting HARD.
- Lunch (12:00 PM): Food delivery from a place I found on Google Maps that seemed promising. "Bun Cha Dac Biet." (Fancy Bun Cha, as best I can ascertain). I ordered it. Regretfully, it was not as good as the picture. The broth was a bit…watery. And after a bite or two, I realized my tastebuds have already abandoned me. Jet lag wins again.
- Afternoon (2:00 PM - 5:00 PM): Nap. A glorious, sweaty, dream-filled nap. Woke up convinced I'd missed something important, probably the entire culture of Vietnam. Found myself staring at the ceiling for maybe an hour, just trying to get my bearings. I'm also pretty sure I heard a cockroach. (Or maybe that was the construction site).
- Evening (6:00 PM onward): Tried venturing out. Huge mistake. The traffic is INSANE. Like, orchestrated chaos. Found a "Western-style" restaurant nearby. Chicken Caesar salad. It was… what's the word? Edible. The beer was cold, which was a definite win. Returned to the apartment feeling like I'd aged a decade in three hours, and wishing I'd brought earplugs.
Day 2: Exploring, Emo-ing, and Existential Pho
- Morning (8:00 AM -ish): Attempted a "breakfast" of instant coffee and the slightly stale bread I impulsively bought yesterday. The coffee tasted like gasoline. Gave up.
- Mid-Morning (9:30 AM): Bravely ventured into the Old Quarter. Holy. Cow. Motorcycles everywhere. Narrow streets. So many people. I swear I saw a guy riding a tiny, overloaded tricycle carrying three goats. I almost cried from sensory overload (mostly from the sheer intensity of the smell of street food).
- Late Morning (11:00 AM): Hoan Kiem Lake. Finally, something beautiful! The lake is pretty, serene even. The Turtle Tower is cute. Spent an hour just sitting on a bench, trying to absorb the calm. Briefly considered becoming a monk. Briefly.
- Lunch (12:30 PM): Pho. The real deal. Found a tiny, hole-in-the-wall place. It was chaotic. Beautiful. Sizzling the beef was an artform. And the broth? Holy. Mother. Of. Flavor. (I'm now aware I've used that word a lot). This pho redeemed my entire day. I'd eat here every day if I could. This. Is. Heaven. The noodles were perfect. The meat tender. The herbs fragrant. I literally scraped the bowl clean and wanted to cry when it was over. I’m never eating Pho again. (I say this as the sun sets to the next day and I can't stop craving it).
- Afternoon (2:30 PM): Hanoi Train Street. Wow. Mind-blowing. Seeing the trains rumble past a few feet away from people who live right next to the tracks… it's surreal. The locals just…go about their day. I understand the "I have to document everything" urge, but here it just feels wrong not to just stop and stare. The whole scene is pure magic. Someone pointed at me and said something in Vietnamese. I assume it was "Don't get run over, idiot."
- Early Evening (5:00 PM): Back to the apartment. Feeling the effects of the sun and the street food, which may or may not have included something that’s currently causing some mild stomach upset.
- Evening (8:00 PM): The construction noise has finally stopped. Sat on the balcony (with earplugs this time), staring at the city lights and feeling ridiculously melancholy. This trip is full of emotions. This trip is going to leave me with more emotional scars than the war did! I miss my dog!
Day 3: Temple Troubles and a Tailor's Tale
- Morning (9:00 AM): Wake up: still alive. Still processing the food. Breakfast of cold pizza because I just can't.
- Mid-Morning (10:00 AM): Temple of Literature. Beautiful. Peaceful. Historically impressive. A little too peaceful, if I’m being honest. Started feeling a bit bored. (Maybe that’s the jet-lag talking).
- Lunch (12:00 PM): Found an unassuming place near the temple. Got something…I think it was Nem. Some deep-fried spring rolls. Crispy, delicious. I also managed to convey, through frantic pointing and charades, that I wanted a beer. Success!
- Afternoon (1:30 PM): Tailor time! Everyone says you have to get clothes tailored. I wanted a dress. Found a shop that looked legit (hopefully!). Picked out some fabric that looked like it would photograph well. Measurement, I think, went well, she didn't snicker when I indicated my waistline. The dress should be ready tomorrow. Fingers crossed.
- Late Afternoon (4:00 PM): Back to the apartment. Read a book. Briefly considered learning Vietnamese. Decided against it.
- Evening (7:00 PM): Dinner. More street food. (Risky business, I know.) Trying something new: Banh Mi. Okay, maybe I'm starting to find my stride.
Day 4: The Tailor's Triumph (or Disaster?) and Departure Dread
- Morning (9:00 AM): Picked up the dress. IT FITS! And it's actually… gorgeous. Maybe that tailor isn't evil? (I’m already planning a return trip for a business suit. And possibly a ball gown).
- Late Morning (10:30 AM): Wandered around the shops. Bought some souvenirs. Regretted the souvenirs almost immediately. Should've bought more pho.
- Lunch (12:00 PM): Okay, now I'm craving Pho again. Found another place. This one was even more chaotic. Watched a local kid steal a chopstick and eat it, and then try to blame a dog for it. The broth was close to my favourite.
- Afternoon (1:30 PM - 4:00 PM): Packing. The utter horror of trying to fit everything back into my suitcase. I bought way too many things. Said my goodbyes to the apartment. Construction continues non-stop.
- Evening (5:00 PM): Taxi to the airport. Traffic still sucks. The guy in the car next to us is playing terrible music.
- Departure (7:30 PM): Goodbye Hanoi. It's been real. It's been messy. It's been emotional. I'm exhausted. I'm exhilarated. I'm already planning my return. And next time, I'm bringing earplugs. And maybe a dog. And definitely more stretchy pants.

Hanoi Luxury: Vinhomes Metropolis 2-Bedroom Steal! (Or is it? A Messy FAQ)
Okay, so "Steal," huh? Is Vinhomes Metropolis *really* a bargain? My wallet's trembling...
Alright, let's get real. "Steal" is *relative*. Look, my bank account's practically a ghost town after this whole Hanoi adventure. Initially, I thought, "Luxury? Me? In *Hanoi*? Get outta here!" But then I saw the listing. 2 bedrooms, stunning views, presumably a pool (more on that later), and pictures that practically screamed "Instagram me!" The price? Well, let's just say it wasn't *cheap*. It *was*, however, (and this is the crucial bit) *more appealing* than some other places I'd seen. So, is it a steal *compared to other luxury options in Hanoi*? Possibly. Is it a steal compared to, say, a hostel where I'd usually be? Absolutely not. You're gonna bleed a little, let's be honest. But… the lure of that marble bathroom... It got to me. Stupid, beautiful marble.
What's the *actual* vibe like? Is it all perfectly manicured Instagram models sipping lattes? (Please say no.)
Alright, brace yourselves. The vibe... it's... *refined*. Think polished floors, gleaming elevators, and staff who smile a lot. *Too* much. Okay, maybe that's just because they're paid to. The good news: it's not entirely populated by the perfect-life crowd. I saw a guy in pajamas and slippers heading down to the lobby to, what I assumed, was to buy his morning coffee, another one with a small dog that looked more expensive than my entire wardrobe, and a group of kids doing what looked like a very serious game of tag in the lobby. So, a little bit of everyone. But yes, there were also a few women who looked like they'd stepped straight out of a magazine spread. And, full disclosure: I may have slightly over-dressed myself. Let's just say I felt more "tourist-try-hard" than "effortlessly chic." Ugh.
The pool! Tell me about the POOL! Is it as glorious as the photos suggest? Because, honestly, that's what I'm living for.
Okay, the pool. The *pool*. This is where things got a little... complicated. The photos were *gorgeous*. Infinity edge, cityscape views, little cabanas... dreams, right? Well, in *theory*. In reality... well, the pool was closed for cleaning when I first got there. *Cleaning!* (Cue epic internal sigh). Then, when it *did* open, it was *packed*. Like, sardines-in-a-can packed. Forget about that peaceful, serene swim you're picturing. I spent more time dodging rogue water balloons and screaming children than actually swimming. The views were still amazing, though, I'll give it that. But my inner grumpy old man emerged in full force. I guess it really depends on the time of year. Or the time of day. Or your tolerance for splashing.
The 2-bedroom situation – is it actually *livable*? Or is it just cleverly staged for the listing?
Okay, the 2-bedroom thing... actually pretty good. I went with a friend, and it was more than enough space. The master bedroom was HUGE. Massive. The other bedroom was smaller, but still decent. And the living area? Spacious. Honestly, it felt like a real home, not just some hotel room. My friend even complained – in the best way possible – about how lazy he felt! You know, "I don't wanna get up for the gym when its so comfy here..." The kitchen was well-equipped (even if I only used it to open a bag of chips, shhhhh). The bathrooms... oh, the bathrooms. That marble! The water pressure! Glorious. So, yeah, livable? Absolutely. It was actually perfect for me. I felt so amazing coming back to a beautiful apartment every single day!
Any serious complaints? Don't sugarcoat it! What, like, REALLY annoyed you?
Okay, here's the raw truth. First, the *noise*. Hanoi is a noisy city! I knew this going in, but I wasn't prepared for just *how* noisy. Even in a luxury apartment, you can hear the traffic, the motorbikes, the distant karaoke sessions (which, let's be honest, are the soundtrack to Hanoi). Second, the check-in process was… a little lengthy. And my Vietnamese isn't exactly fluent, so there was a lot of frantic pointing and gesturing. Third… (and this is a small thing, but it bugged me) the Wi-Fi wasn't the *fastest* thing in the world. So there, I said it. But listen, those are just minor annoyances in the grand scheme of things.
Would you, like, *actually* recommend it? Or are you just trying to justify your own splurging?
Alright. This is the big one. Would I recommend it? Honestly... yeah, I probably would. Despite the noise, the sardine-can pool, and the Wi-Fi glitches, I had a great time. It's a good basecamp to come back home to after a long day exploring this crazy, beautiful city. It's comfy. It's clean. It's got that marble. And let's be honest, sometimes you just want a little bit of luxury, even if it's just to tell your friends about! I still think it's a *bit* pricey, and you'll have to adjust your mindset a little – this isn't the budget-friendly hostel life. But if you're looking for a secure, comfortable, relatively luxurious base in Hanoi, then yes, give the Vinhomes Metropolis a look. Just, maybe, pack some earplugs. And brace yourself for the pool. And try not to drool. Good luck!
Okay, but *actually*? Anything else? Any secret tips?
Okay, fine, you twisted my arm. A few more things: The gym is decent! I actually used it a few times (mostly to justify my late-night ice cream binges). The concierge was helpful (though their English could be better). And, if you're into it, the building is super close to a mall. Seriously, a *mall*. With everything. Restaurants, shops, the works. (I didn't go, though. I was committed to the "authentic Hanoi" experience. Which, for me, mostly involved struggling to cross the road and eating way too much Pho). The area is *very* safe too, which I always like. Oh! And another important thing: research your transportation options beforehand. Getting a Grab (the local ride-hailing app) in the rain is a *nightmare*. Trust me on that one! Overall? Yes, it’s worth a look. Just… maybe lower your expectations for the pool. God, I’m still annoyed about that pool. Ah well!

