
Luxury Redefined: Uncover the Hidden Gem of Emirates Hotel, Kanhangad
Luxury Redefined: Emirates Hotel, Kanhangad - My Honest Take (It's Complicated!)
Okay, buckle up, because this isn't your typical, sterile hotel review. I'm gonna spill the tea on the Emirates Hotel in Kanhangad, and let me tell you, it's a wild ride. Forget the bullet points – we’re diving deep, and honestly, I still haven’t quite figured out where I stand!
First Impressions & Accessibility (The Okay-ish Start)
Getting there? Piece of cake, relatively speaking. They’ve got airport transfer. Now, I'm not exactly rolling in cash, but the convenience factor? Worth it. Kanhangad is… well, it's Kanhangad. A bit off the beaten path. They tout facilities for disabled guests, and that’s a HUGE plus. Elevator? Thank goodness! I hate hauling my luggage up, and this old back ain't what it used to be. Accessibility in the common areas seems decent enough, but I definitely didn't pull out a measuring tape. More on that later, as I start to look deeper.
The Room (My Sanctuary?)
So, I'm in my room. Air conditioning? Check. Free Wi-Fi? Double check! And it actually works, unlike some of those promises you get elsewhere! Wi-Fi [free]! Bless you, Emirates Hotel. Complimentary tea? Yes, please! A welcome after that long drive. The blackout curtains? Heavenly. Slept like a log.
Now, here's the thing. The room itself? It's… nice. Non-smoking is a MUST for me (thank you, Emirates!) and the soundproof rooms are appreciated because I’ve heard some horror stories. It's clean, well-appointed, with complimentary bottled water (always a win!). And the in-room safe box? Peace of mind. The desk, the reading light… everything's in place. I appreciated the slippers – a little touch that elevates the entire experience, especially after a long day.
But, (and there's always a but, isn't there?), it wasn't sparkling. It felt… practical. Maybe a bit… generic. Don’t get me wrong, the daily housekeeping was efficient and the linens were crisp, but it lacked that “wow” factor.
Things to Do & Relaxation (Spa Day, Anyone?)
Alright, so this is where things get interesting. The Spa. Let's just say, I spent a good chunk of my trip there. Massage? Yes. Sauna? Absolutely. Steamroom? You betcha. Okay, I'm getting to the point…I needed it.
And the treatment was… chef's kiss. They worked wonders on that knot in my back that I'd been carrying around for weeks. The masseuse was knowledgeable and polite. Pure bliss. They have a pool with view. I'm not sure I'd call it a "view" because I'm not sure where I could see, but I'm still happy.
The fitness center is pretty standard, but hey, it's there if you've got the energy! They have a gym/fitness area as well, so this place understands the need to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Then there's the swimming pool [outdoor] - a welcome dip after a hot day of adventures.
Dining, Drinking & Snacking (Food Glorious Food & My Carb Overload)
Okay, so, let's talk about the food. Restaurants are a big thing here. They have an Asian breakfast, which wasn't exactly my cup of tea (give me my bacon and eggs!), but hey, it's diverse! They also have Asian cuisine in restaurant. There is an International cuisine in restaurant as well. They have a buffet in restaurant. I love a good buffet!
The food was a mix of highs and lows. The coffee shop was a lifesaver in the mornings. Breakfast [buffet] options were abundant and the vegetarian restaurant was a big win for my friend. The Desserts in restaurant, though? Oh, my sweet tooth was ecstatic! And they have a Happy hour so you can enjoy some Poolside bar drinks!
But let's get real, I may have overdone it with the carbs. The Soup in restaurant was not the best. The A la carte in restaurant options were a little on the pricier side, and occasionally the service lagged. Still, the variety was impressive. And the bottle of water? Always appreciated.
Cleanliness & Safety (COVID-19 Concerns – Are They Being Honest?)
This is a big one. I went during, well, you know. The list of things they're doing is impressive: Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer everywhere, and the staff seemed to be taking things seriously. Staff trained in safety protocol. The rooms sanitized between stays. So yeah, they're putting in effort and have Hygiene certification.
But here's my nagging doubt: how thorough is it? Room sanitization opt-out available. Some guests may not like this rule.
Services & Conveniences (The Little Extras That Matter…Kind Of)
Business facilities are there, which seems quite thoughtful. They've got a concierge, laundry service, and dry cleaning. Facilities for disabled guests? Again, important. And cash withdrawal. Always handy, for those moments when I forget to plan ahead. Invoice provided.
The gift/souvenir shop? Cute, but I didn't buy anything. Luggage storage. Always nice. Daily housekeeping. Yes. Front desk [24-hour] definitely came in handy late at night as well.
The elevator. The fire extinguisher. The smoke alarms – all the usual stuff.
Getting Around (Navigating the Unknown)
Car park [free of charge] is a HUGE plus. They'll also handle valet parking. Taxi service? You betcha.
For the Kids (If They're the Reason You're Here) I didn't have kids with me, but they have a Babysitting service that I definitely found quite thoughtful. And Kids meal! The Babysitting service is also very thoughtful as well.
The Quirks, The Imperfections, The Honest Truth
Okay, so, despite all the good, here's the thing: This place isn't perfect. It's kinda messy. The service can be a little inconsistent (sometimes great, sometimes… less so). The "luxury" label – well, it's aspirational rather than a reality. The whole experience had a sort of… almost there vibe.
But here's what matters: despite those imperfections, it’s charming. It’s trying. It’s honest. And that, for me, is something worth valuing.
Offer: Your Escape to Tranquility and Indulgence at Emirates Hotel!
Are you craving a getaway? A moment of self-care? Then, book your stay at Emirates Hotel in Kanhangad TODAY!
Here's What You'll Get:
- Luxurious Comfort: Soak in the tranquility of our well-appointed rooms, complete with plush beds, blackout curtains, and all the modern conveniences you could desire.
- Unwind and Rejuvenate: Indulge in our spa, a sanctuary of relaxation offering rejuvenating massages, saunas, and steamrooms.
- Culinary Delights: Savor a diverse range of dining experiences, from delicious Asian cuisine to international favorites.
- Peace of Mind: Rest assured with our rigorous cleanliness and safety protocols, ensuring a worry-free stay.
For a limited time only:
- Enjoy exclusive discounts on select room types!
- Receive a complimentary spa treatment to enhance your wellness experience!
Don't delay! This offer is only available for a limited time. Book now and experience the hidden gem that is the Emirates Hotel!
[Insert booking link here]
Embrace the imperfection. Embrace the charm. Book your escape today. You deserve it!
Luxury Manila Condo Getaway: Di-el Staycation Awaits!
Okay, buckle up buttercup, because this ain't your perfectly polished, bullet-point itinerary. This is… my itinerary for Hotel Emirates Kanhangad, India. It's gonna be a bumpy ride. Prepare for real talk, questionable decisions, and a whole lotta "wait, what did I just do?"
Hotel Emirates Kanhangad: My Chaotic Indian Adventure (A Work in Progress)
Day 1: Arrival, Delusions of Grandeur, and Mosquito Mayhem
- Morning (Or, More Accurately, "Whenever I Finally Surface"): Land in Mangalore. Wow. India. Okay, deep breaths. I mean, I thought I prepared. Booked a driver (fingers crossed he actually shows up!). The flight? Let's just say it involved a crying baby, a guy clipping his toenails, and a questionable in-flight movie choice. I'm already craving chai.
- Late Morning/Early Afternoon: Drive to Kanhangad. The initial drive… oh man. So many colors! So much chaos! Cows just everywhere. My driver, bless him, seemed unfazed. I was a sweaty, wide-eyed mess. The air hung heavy, thick with the smell of spices I can’t even begin to name. My brain's already overloaded.
- Afternoon: Check into the Hotel Emirates. "Emirates" sounds so fancy, but the lobby… well, let's call it "rustic charm." The staff are lovely, though! Especially the guy at reception who smiled like he knew something I didn't (probably true). Got my room key and made a beeline for the AC. Thank GOD for AC.
- Late Afternoon: The room. Well, okay, it’s a room. Simple, clean… and a little bit… well, let’s say it’s not quite five-star. But it’s got a bed! And a bathroom (essential). The window is… let's be honest, the view isn't amazing. Pretty sure I saw a chicken just strutting around.
- Evening (aka, the “Mosquito Attack”): Tried to be a cultured tourist. "Walk around" they said. "See the sights" they said. Nope. My first "sight" was a mosquito. Then another. Then a tiny army of bloodsuckers. I retreated back to my room, covered in Deet, and ordered room service. Fish curry. Delicious, spicy, and probably a terrible idea for someone who already has a questionable stomach. 😭
Day 2: The Beach, The Boat, and My Questionable Karaoke Skills
- Morning (Still recovering from the fish curry): After a very restless night (thanks, spicy food!), I decided to be adventurous and visited the beach. The beach was okay. Beautiful. It was a bit deserted which was fine by me, since I wanted some alone time. Okay, I was pretty much alone - except for the stray dogs. They were cute though.
- Noon: A boat ride! I’m a terrible sailor. The water was nice. I was in tears, but I enjoyed the view of the clear blue.
- Afternoon: Back at the hotel, I have this incredibly loud urge to sing. I joined Karaoke. The crowd cheered when I got up on stage. I picked something I was sure I knew. I didn't. The result was absolutely horrendous, screeching singing. I butchered the song, but hey, everyone seemed to be having a laugh! And honestly? I did too.
- Evening: More spicy food. More regrets. But hey, at least I'm getting a taste of India. Literally.
Day 3: Temples, Tea and Terminal Anxiety
- Morning: Visit a temple? I'm not a religious person but even I have to admit these temples are beautiful. So intricate. The colours! The people. It’s a sensory overload in the best possible way. The incense is probably getting me high.
- Afternoon: I think I need a break! Time to relax.
- Evening: Oh god. The thought of leaving. The flight. The airport. Suddenly I’m a sweaty, anxious mess. At least I've got some chai to calm the nerves.
And That’s All Folks!
So there you have it. My messy, imperfect, and undeniably real Kanhangad experience. It's not a luxury travel magazine spread, but it's my story. Flaws and all. And that’s what makes it good.
(P.S. I'll update this if I survive the flight home. Wish me luck!)
Barcelona's Hidden Gem: Luxe Liceu Apartments!
So, Emirates Hotel, Kanhangad. Is it… *luxury*? Like, *actually* luxury?
Oooooh boy. That’s the million-dollar question, isn't it? And honestly? It depends. They *say* "Luxury Redefined," and that’s where the fun starts. "Redefined" as in… maybe your definition of luxury is a tad different from theirs? I’d say it’s *aspirational* luxury. You get the bones of a fancy hotel, lots of marble, and maybe a slightly-too-enthusiastic bellhop (love ya, buddy!).
I remember arriving, exhausted from a train journey so long and crowded, that I swore I saw Gandhi on a rickshaw. The lobby was all shiny floors and a chandelier that looked like it was imported straight from a Bollywood epic. My first thought? "Okay, this *could* be good." Followed swiftly by, "Is that… a faint smell of mothballs?" See, the "redefined" part.
What's the *food* like? Because, let's be honest, a good hotel lives or dies by its food.
Okay, food time. Prepare yourself for a rollercoaster. The breakfast buffet? A true gamble. You've got your usual suspects – the questionable scrambled eggs, the slightly stale croissants. But then… THEN… you stumble upon a hidden gem. During my last visit, it was a *magnificent* dosa station. Crispy, perfectly spiced, and made with the kind of love that made me want to weep. Seriously, I had three. And then, the next day? The dosa was a sad, soggy imitation. "Redefined" strikes again!
The main restaurant? Hit or miss. I had a seafood curry one night that was divine. Like, I'm still dreaming about it. The next night? A truly baffling attempt at pasta carbonara that… well, let's just say I'm pretty sure they'd never *seen* carbonara. (And the less said about the, ahem, “international” options, the better).
My advice? Explore the local Kanhangad food scene. It's far more reliable, and way more interesting. There's this tiny little chai stand a few blocks away.... Oh, the chai! Another story for another time though.
The rooms. Are they *actually* nice? Or just… pretending?
Okay, the rooms are where things get… *personal*. The beds? Generally comfy. The air conditioning? A lifesaver. The bathrooms? *Huge*. Marble galore, you feel like you are a pharoah. But then, there's the details. The slightly wonky light fixtures. The occasionally mysterious stains on the carpet. The… unexplained damp patches.
My last stay, they attempted, what I can only call a "decorative" water stain on the ceiling. Like, a large, artfully placed water stain. And, I saw a stray gecko, a tiny, adorable, but decidedly un-luxurious gecko, scuttling across the wall. I named him Geoffrey. He became my hotel companion.
The point is, a lot is down to luck. You might get a room that's practically perfect. Or you might get one that has a 'certain je ne sais quoi'. But, look, for the price? It's generally a solid base to build your own personal experience.
What about the pool? Every luxury hotel *needs* a pool!
Ah, the pool. Here's the thing: it's there. It's… a pool. Cleanish. They have pool loungers, some stained, some not. I saw at least one missing tile. The water… felt a little warm one day. Ok, felt a little warm. One time, I was pretty sure a small group of kids were having a competition to see who could spit the furthest.
But, listen, it's hot in Kanhangad. A dip is a dip. It's not the most glamorous pool in the world, but hey, it’s a place to cool off. I won't lie, I spent a good three hours just floating about the pool, staring up at the sky, trying to figure out if the "pool service" button actually worked. Conclusion: *eventually*.
What about the service? Are the staff helpful?
The staff? They try. They *genuinely* try. They're super friendly and the bellboys are particularly enthusiastic. There's a certain… exuberance that's charming, even when things go sideways. They might not always understand your requests perfectly (my attempts at explaining “decaf coffee” resulted in a series of increasingly bewildered stares), but they’re always smiling. I think I bonded with one guy over a shared frustration with the hotel’s WiFi.
One day, I was locked out of my room. Completely my fault, I'd forgotten my key. After I'd run to get my towel (a harrowing undertaking in itself, I was wearing a dressing gown and I was sure everyone was looking at me), the helpful staff were amazing. It took ages, several phone calls, and possibly the intervention of a higher power. But they got me back in. They were genuinely happy to see me.
Is it worth it? Should *I* stay at the Emirates Hotel, Kanhangad?
Here's the brutal truth: it depends. If you’re expecting flawless, five-star luxury with white-glove service and absolutely no imperfections? Go elsewhere. Seriously. You will be disappointed.
But. If you're looking for a place with character, with a certain… *charm* (and you’re willing to overlook a few hiccups), then yes, the Emirates Hotel can be a fun experience. If you're up for an adventure, and if you appreciate the effort, and if you’re okay with a little "redefinition," then go for it.
It’s not perfect. Far from it. But there's something strangely… *memorable* about the Emirates Hotel, Kanhangad. Perhaps it’s the slightly chaotic energy. Maybe it’s the friendly staff. Or, just maybe, it's the thrill of the (culinary) unknown. And you know what? Sometimes, that's more fun than perfect. Just… pack some extra patience, and a sense of humor. Oh, and definitely bring your own coffee.

