
Lombok Paradise Found: Kidi's Lodge - Your Gili Trawangan Escape!
Lombok Paradise Found: Kidi's Lodge - My Gili Trawangan Escape (and a Whole Lot More!) - Unfiltered Review!
Alright, alright, let's talk Kidi's Lodge. My Gili Trawangan "escape"? More like a full-blown, delicious, sandy-toed immersion. Look, I'm usually a total "I just need a clean bed and a good shower" kind of traveler, but this place… this place got me.
First Impressions? Hold My Bintang!
So, the accessibility front? Okay, let's be real. Gili Trawangan is not exactly a paved paradise. Think sand, more sand, and the occasional… well, let’s call them “natural speed bumps.” Kidi's isn't smack-dab in the middle of the action, thankfully avoiding the worst of the scooter traffic. Important Note: if you need full-blown wheelchair access, Gili Trawangan in general (and therefore Kidi's) might be a challenge. They DO have an elevator, which is a huge plus, and the staff are super helpful. But the sand is the sand, you know? That being said, they went above and beyond to help me with my…let's just say heavy luggage. I had to pay attention to Internet access. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!, bless them. Internet, Internet [LAN], Internet services, Wi-Fi in public areas.. no problem! They even had a weird LAN port in my room - I haven't seen one of those since '98! But the Wi-Fi was solid (and necessary for my Insta stories, obvs).
The Room: My Little Slice of Paradise… with a Few Sand Grains (Totally Worth It!)
I’m not gonna lie, I'm pretty picky about rooms. Kidi's gets a big thumbs up. Available in all rooms: Air conditioning, alarm clock, bathrobes, bathroom phone, bathtub, blackout curtains, carpeting, closet, coffee/tea maker, complimentary tea, daily housekeeping, desk, extra long bed, free bottled water, hair dryer, high floor, in-room safe box, interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, ironing facilities, laptop workspace, linens, mini bar, mirror, non-smoking, on-demand movies, private bathroom, reading light, refrigerator, safety/security feature, satellite/cable channels, scale, seating area, separate shower/bathtub, shower, slippers, smoke detector, socket near the bed, sofa, soundproofing, telephone, toiletries, towels, umbrella, visual alarm, wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], window that opens. It was clean, well-appointed, and they clearly understood the importance of a good bed. My room had these incredible blackout curtains – absolute bliss for sleeping off a day of snorkeling and too many Bintangs. Also, the extra long bed was a lifesaver, because, honestly, I'm a starfish sleeper. There were even slippers?! Luxury!
Pro Tip: Request a higher floor for better views. But, let me be clear, the hotel staff were friendly!
The Whole "Things to Do/Ways to Relax" Situation…
Okay, so… this is where Kidi's Lodge REALLY shines.
- Spa: Oh. My. Goodness. The Spa. I’m not normally a spa person, I'm more of a "sunburnt and regret it later" kind of person, but I decided to treat myself and I was very satisfied. The atmosphere was so relaxed. I opted for a traditional Balinese massage, and I swear I melted into the table. Pure, unadulterated bliss.
- Swimming Pool: The pool looked absolutely amazing. A dip in the pool before dinner.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: My Stomach is Giving a Round of Applause!
Alright, let's be honest, the food is a huge deal when you're on vacation. I’m a sucker for breakfast buffets, and Kidi’s did not disappoint! Plus, Asian Breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Breakfast [buffet], International cuisine in restaurant, Salad in restaurant, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant were some of the tasty options. They had a decent range, from the usual eggs and bacon to some lovely fresh fruit and pastries.
- Restaurants and Bars: There were poolside bars that served up some seriously delicious cocktails. Happy hour?! Yes, please! They had also Bottle of water, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Snack bar, and for those late-night cravings.
Cleanliness and Safety – They Actually Care (and That's Important!)
In a strange world, safety is a HUGE selling point. The safety protocols at Kidi's were on point. Anti-viral cleaning products, Cashless payment service, Daily disinfection in common areas, Doctor/nurse on call, First aid kit, Hand sanitizer, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment, made the stay a bit easier. They went above and beyond to make sure everything was clean and sterilized, leaving some sense of security. Also, CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Fire extinguisher, Front desk [24-hour], Non-smoking rooms, Smoke alarms, Soundproof rooms, Safety/security feature, Security [24-hour].
Services and Conveniences – They Thought of Everything!
Seriously, the list is long. Air conditioning in public area, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center: Seriously, I'm impressed. They even have a Gift/souvenir shop – perfect for grabbing a last-minute sarong or a weird, wooden monkey.
For the Kids…
Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal
Getting Around…
Airport transfer, Bicycle parking, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking, they did offer various transportations for the stay.
The Minor Annoyances (because life isn't perfect!)
Honestly, there were a few minor quirks. The water pressure in my shower wasn’t the strongest. And one of the staff members tried to tell me that "Gili Trawangan is a very quiet island" at 6 AM. (It wasn't).
The Verdict: Book It! (Seriously, Do It!)
Look, I'm not easily impressed. But Kidi's Lodge really delivered. If you're looking for a well-run, clean, lovely hotel with a fantastic spa, a great location, and a genuine sense of hospitality, this is it. It’s not just a place to sleep; it's a place to experience Gili Trawangan.
Final Thought: Pack plenty of sunscreen, embrace the sand between your toes, and prepare to be utterly charmed.
Special Offer For You: Escape to Paradise with Kidi's Lodge!
Tired of the everyday grind? Craving sun, sand, and soul-soothing relaxation?
Book your stay at Kidi's Lodge on Gili Trawangan and receive:
- A complimentary welcome drink upon arrival! (Because you deserve it, after that long flight!)
- A 15% discount on all spa treatments! (Melt away your stress with a Balinese massage!)
- Complimentary daily breakfast! (Fuel your adventures with a delicious buffet!)
- Free access to the swimming pool! (And pool chairs while you enjoy the sun!)
But that's not all!
- Exclusive Offer: Book directly through [website with link] or mention this review and get a bottle of wine to enjoy on your private terrace!
- Additional Discount: Get a 5% discount on all activities booked via the hotel!
Don't wait! This offer is valid for bookings made from [Start date] to [End date] and for stays from [Start date] to [End date].
Click here to book your unforgettable Gili Trawangan getaway! [Website with link]
See you on the beach! #KidisLodge #GiliTrawangan #LombokParadise #TravelDeals #Indonesia #BeachVacation #SpaGetaway #HiddenGem #TravelReview #MustSee
Escape to Paradise: Shinhwa House - Your Jeju Getaway Awaits!
Okay, buckle up buttercups, 'cause we're about to wade through the glorious, chaotic mess that was my trip to Kidi's Lodge on Gili Trawangan. Forget perfect Instagram feeds, this is the real deal. My hastily scribbled notes, the sun-scorched memories, and the lingering taste of Bintang… here we go.
Gili Trawangan: Kidi's Lodge & Beyond (A Messy Adventure)
Day 1: Arrival – Paradise Found (and Slightly Lost)
- Morning (or, let's be honest, late-ish morning): Arrived at Lombok airport. The air hit me like a warm, salty hug. Instantly, I knew I’d made the right choice. The airport was a breezy affair, far from the sterile efficiency of some places. Then the ferry! Okay, the ferry – classic Indonesian chaos. We were packed tighter than sardines, but the turquoise water, the volcanic silhouettes… made up for it. I nearly lost my hat to a rogue wave, which, in retrospect, might have been a good sign of things to come.
- Afternoon: Found Kidi’s Lodge. Turns out, finding anything in the middle of Gili T is a bit like a scavenger hunt. Finally, the lodge! Cute bungalows, right on the beach… swoon. My room? Perfect. No, seriously, the little porch swing had me immediately sold. First impressions: good. My actual first impression, after taking a wrong turn and walking into the wrong bungalow? A giggle attack, followed by utter mortification when I realized the guy I was trying to peek in the window had seen me.
- Evening: Sunset. Holy. Crap. The sky exploded – oranges, pinks, purples… a visual feast. I spent a good hour just staring, beer in hand (Bintang, of course. This is Indonesia, people!). Dinner at a tiny warung (local restaurant) down the beach. The grilled fish? Divine. The questionable street cats eyeing my plate? Less so.
- Side note: I’m a sucker for cats. But these ones… they knew their game. One particularly audacious tabby tried to snag a whole prawn. I swear, it looked like it was sizing up my entire plate!
Day 2: Snorkeling, Swine, and Sunburn (Oh, the Sunburn!)
- Morning: Planned to rent a bike. Instead, I fell asleep on my porch swing and woke up with sunshine (and a mosquito bite.) Decided this island life was suiting me.
- Afternoon: Snorkeling trip! Booked a tour, piled onto a rickety boat, and off we went. Manta rays? Didn’t see any. Turtles? A couple of blurry green shapes. The coral? Magnificent. The water so clear, I could practically taste the ocean. (Don’t actually taste the ocean, by the way, unless you enjoy a mouthful of salt.)
- Deep Dive into the Snorkeling: Okay, I’m not a particularly strong swimmer, but I’m a sucker for adventure. That first plunge into the water? Instantly regretted it. Thought I was going to drown. But then… the color. The fish, the silence, the feeling of weightlessness. And they took me to a spot where the water was shallow and the coral was crazy colorful.
- Evening: The Pig Party! I saw a sign that said "Pig roast on the beach tonight!" Who wouldn't go! Seriously? Best decision ever. Roasted pork, cold beers, a bonfire, and a whole bunch of interesting people. I met a couple from Copenhagen who were traveling for six months, another fellow who was a professional kite surfer (who spent most of the time telling me about it). I made some new friends.
Day 3: Sunrise, Sunscreen (and Regrets), and Island Hopping
- Morning: Woke up early for sunrise. Worth it. Even though I was slightly grumpy due to lack of sleep, the sunrise was amazing, then I sat on the beach with my coffee. Utter bliss. It made me forgive all the mosquitoes.
- Afternoon: Island hopping. Did a tour to the other two Gili islands, Gili Meno and Gili Air. Thought I'd found paradise on Trawangan? Meno was even more serene and tranquil. Air did not resonate with me. This trip was not as chill.
- Regrets: Remember that amazing SPF I didn’t buy yesterday? Yeah. The sunburn had officially set in. I resembled a cooked lobster. Lesson learned: sunscreen is your friend, even in paradise.
- Evening: Trying to apply aloe vera onto the parts of my back I could reach. Had fish and chips again. Too tired from the sunburn to deal with cooking. Passed out before 9pm.
Day 4: Saying Goodbye… Kind Of
- Morning: Strolled along the beach one. Final breakfast at Warung. Had a long talk with the waitress I had been getting to know over the week. I also had a moment of deep, soul-searching reflection: did I want to go home? Could I live here forever, or at least for longer than a week?
- Afternoon: Checked out, ferry back to the airport, and bye-bye to paradise (for now).
- Quirky Observation: The "luggage handlers" at the ferry – they’re essentially guys who carry your bags, but also seem to have a secondary function as master negotiators. They can wrangle prices, hustle for tips, and still manage to crack a smile. Impressive.
- Evening: On plane. Thinking about my return.
The Messy Truth:
- Food: The food was a constant joy. From cheap nasi goreng (fried rice) to fresh seafood, my taste buds were in heaven. Be adventurous! Try the local specialties! (But maybe skip the questionable street food stalls if your stomach is sensitive.)
- The People: The people of Gili Trawangan are generally friendly, laid back, and welcoming. The island-vibe is infectious.
- The "Bugs": Mosquitoes, sandflies – they're relentless. Bring bug spray, and then bring more. I'm still scratching.
- The "Perfect" Plan: Forget it. Embrace the chaos. Things don't always go according to plan, and that's part of the charm. Get lost, stumble upon hidden gems, and let the island guide you.
- Emotional Summary: This trip wasn't flawless. I got sunburned. I maybe ate too much. I was often tired. But the experiences, the beauty, the connection – that's what matters. Gili Trawangan wasn't just a vacation; it was an experience that changed me. And now I'm dying to go back.
So there you have it. My Kidi's Lodge adventure, in all its unedited glory. Go. Explore. Get messy. And most importantly, have fun.
Escape to Paradise: Unbelievable Villa Bejar in Tequesquitengo, Mexico!
Lombok Paradise Found: Kidi's Lodge - Your Gili Trawangan Escape! (Or... Is It?) FAQ - Because Let's Be Real, Travel Isn't Always Instagram-Perfect
Okay, First Things First: What *Exactly* is Kidi's Lodge? (And Where's the Catch?)
Alright, straight up: Kidi's Lodge is basically your ticket to Gili Trawangan, a tiny island paradise off the coast of Lombok. Think turquoise water, perfect sunsets, and... well, hopefully not too many tourists (fingers crossed!). Kidi's is a collection of bungalows, from the super basic (read: budget-friendly, possibly with questionable plumbing – more on that later...) to slightly more swanky. They’re generally pretty central, meaning you can stumble home from the beach bars after one too many Bintangs. The catch? Well, it's island life. Expect power outages (bring a power bank!), the occasional gecko in your room (they're harmless, I swear!), and maybe the loudest rooster you've EVER encountered. But hey, it's an adventure, right? Right?!
How Do I Get to Kidi's Lodge? (And, For the Love of My Stomach, What About Sea Sickness?)
The journey, my friend, is part of the fun (or utter chaos, depending on your tolerance for boats). You'll fly into Lombok International Airport (LOP). From there, you have a few options:
- Public Ferry + Taxi: This is the cheapest but can be a bit of a logistical dance. You'll take a taxi to Bangsal harbor, then a public ferry to Gili Trawangan. The ferry is... basic. Think wooden benches, questionable hygiene, and the potential for a bumpy ride.
- Fast Boat: The faster and pricier option. Think speedboats, which, depending on the sea conditions, can be a white-knuckle experience. I once saw a woman nearly lose her lunch on one... let's just say it wasn't pretty.
- Sit towards the back of the boat.
- Focus on the horizon.
- Avoid looking at other people suffering. (Trust me).
What Are the Rooms Like? (And Should I Pack Earplugs?)
Okay, the rooms at Kidi's... It's a mixed bag, honestly. I've stayed in a budget bungalow that was basically a glorified shed with a bed and a mosquito net (essential!). And then I've seen slightly nicer ones with air conditioning and a tiny private porch. The descriptions can be a bit... optimistic on booking sites. "Charming garden view" often translates to "view of a slightly overgrown bush." "Peaceful location" might mean "far from the beach and all the fun." Earplugs? YES! Absolutely, positively, without a doubt. The roosters, the motorbikes, the late-night beach parties... You *will* need them. Maybe a sleep mask too. Trust me on this.
Is There Wi-Fi? (Because, You Know, Instagram)
Wi-Fi... ha. Let's be real, island Wi-Fi is notoriously patchy. Sometimes it's great, sometimes it's non-existent. Don't bank on it for streaming Netflix. Embrace the digital detox! (Or, you know, buy a local SIM card if you *really* need to be online.) It can be a bit of a gamble when the connection drops at the most crucial moment, when you're trying to share a picture-perfect sunset, or when your boss decides to call, and suddenly, you're running around trying to find a usable connection.
What's There to Do on Gili Trawangan? (Besides, You Know, Staring at the Ocean?)
Staring at the ocean is a perfectly valid activity, and I highly recommend it! But if you're feeling adventurous:
- Snorkeling and Diving: Gili Trawangan is famous for its underwater beauty. The turtles! The coral! Just incredible.
- Sunsets: Find a spot on the west side of the island, grab a Bintang, and watch the sky explode with color. It's pure magic.
- Cycling: No cars allowed on the island! Rent a bike and cycle around.
- Partying: The beach bars are buzzing at night.
- Yoga: There's plenty of yoga studios if you are into it.
Food, Glorious Food! Where Should I Eat? (And Will I Get Bali Belly?)
The food on Gili Trawangan is fantastic! Fresh seafood everywhere. Try these:
- Warungs: Local restaurants are cheap and delicious. Order the nasi goreng or mie goreng.
- Beachfront Restaurants: More expensive but with great views.
- Fresh Fruit Smoothies: Literally everywhere!
Is Kidi's Lodge Kid-Friendly? (Or Should I Leave the Little Ones at Home?)
This one is tricky. Kidi's itself isn’t necessarily *designed* specifically for kids, but Gili Trawangan is generally pretty kid-friendly. There's no specific kids activities, some pools are available (confirm with the lodge). The beach is (mostly) safe for swimming, and there are plenty of restaurants with kid-friendly options. But keep in mind the heat, the potential for sunburn, and the (sometimes) loud nightlife. It depends on your kids' ages and your families travel style.
What's the Best Time to Visit? (And Will it Rain the Entire Time?)
The dry season (May to September) is generally the best time to visit. Sunny skies, calm seas. However, even during the dry season, you might get a bit of rain. It's the tropics, baby! Always be preparedStay Finder Blogs

