
Hong Kong's Hidden Gem: Starfish Hostel - Unbeatable Views & Prices!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving HEADFIRST into the swirling, chaotic, and utterly captivating world of the Starfish Hostel in Hong Kong! Forget those sterile, cookie-cutter hotel reviews. This is REAL. This is raw. This is possibly not completely organized. But trust me, by the end of this, you'll either have booked a flight or you'll think I've lost my mind. Either way, you'll be highly entertained.
Let's get this out of the way first: Starfish Hostel is billed as having "Unbeatable Views & Prices!" And, friends, they're not lying. Seriously.
First Impressions & Accessibility (and My Own Dumb Moment)
Okay, so getting to the hostel… um, it’s Hong Kong. Things are close, things are cramped, and accessibility… well, it depends. The website claims they have "Facilities for disabled guests." Honestly, I didn't check that. I was too busy gaping at the view, and I'm sadly, not a wheelchair using guest. BUT, getting to the actual hostel entrance… there might be a few stairs. Hong Kong's not exactly known for its gentle inclines. Remember, this is Hong Kong. You need a good map app and some strong calf muscles.
Rambling About Internet & Staying Connected (Because, Duh)
Internet, eh? (This is where my ADD kicks in). Okay, so, Free Wi-Fi in All Rooms! Big win. I'm talking, like, actual decent Wi-Fi. You know, the kind that lets you binge-watch that questionable Korean drama you're hiding from your boss. They had Wi-Fi in Public Areas too, which is a given these days, but still good. Internet [LAN]? Yep, they had it. Someone in the 90s is stoked. I didn't use it, but hey, options! They had Internet Services which meant I could print out boarding passes and stuff from the computer, which was a life saver cause my printer ran out of ink.
The Big, Uncouth, Amazing View & The "Things to Do" Conundrum
Here’s the thing about Starfish Hostel. The view… it’s the freaking star of the show, baby. Seriously. You wake up, open the window (which, YES, Window that opens!), and BAM. Hong Kong’s glittering cityscape sprawls before you. It’s like, cinematic. Like, I almost cried. (Okay, I might have. Don't judge.)
Now, Things to do in Hong Kong… Well, that's a whole other rabbit hole, isn't it? Starfish Hostel isn't a resort with a built-in waterpark. It's your launchpad. Your base camp. Your… well, you get the idea. The city is your playground. They don't list any specific activities like Pool with view. Dining, Drinking, & Snacking – It’s All About the Street Food, Folks
Forget the spa treatments and pools - focus on what's around the hostel! You're in Hong Kong! This is a city that runs on its food. Restaurants are everywhere. Coffee shops, Snack bars, and street food stalls that'll blow your mind! Asian Cuisine in Restaurant is guaranteed here. Breakfast service is a Western style, but honestly, go get dim sum on the street. It’s way better. They have a breakfast buffet, but I didn't even touch it in favour of street food.
Cleanliness & Safety - More Than Meets the Eye
I'm a bit of a germaphobe, so this is important to me. Cashless payment service? Check. Hand sanitizer? Check. Daily disinfection in common areas? Probably. They seem to be on top of things. I didn't see anything that made me shudder, which is saying something. Rooms sanitized between stays. I hope so. Staff trained in safety protocol? I’d say. They seemed pretty switched on.
Rooms and Amenities - Cozy, Efficient, and View-Tastic!
Okay, the rooms themselves. Let's be honest, you're not here to camp out in your room. You’re here to EXPLORE!
But, here’s the deal:
- Air conditioning? YES! You NEED this. Hong Kong is sticky-hot and humid.
- Free Wi-Fi? Obvi.
- Coffee/tea maker? YES! Necessary for those early morning adventures.
- Hair dryer, Shower, Toiletries, Towels? All present and accounted for.
- Non-smoking rooms? Yes. Thank the heavens.
- View? Unbeatable. (Did I mention that?)
- Additional toilet? No.
- Desk? Yes.
- Bathroom phone? No.
Services & Conveniences - The Little Things That Matter
The hostel does offer stuff like Luggage storage, Laundry service, and Daily housekeeping. And a 24-hour Front desk, which is super helpful if you’re arriving at some ungodly hour. They even had a Convenience store (which is a lifesaver in a late-night snack emergency). Currency exchange? Probably. I didn't test that, but Hong Kong's pretty plugged in.
Family Situation
I didn't have any kids with me, but it seemed pretty Family/child friendly. I saw kids around, so I think you're set.
Getting Around - Traffic is a Beast
Airport transfer? I didn't use it because I took the MTR. It’s FAST and cheap! Taxi service? Available, but traffic is a beast, y’all. Consider public transport! The Offer: Your Hong Kong Adventure Awaits!
Okay, okay, enough rambling. Here’s the deal. FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY:
Book your stay at Starfish Hostel AND get a free Hong Kong street food tour voucher! Book a room and get a discount on a high-end massage place.
Why Starfish?
- Unbeatable Views: Wake up to Hong Kong at its finest.
- Prime Location: Explore EVERYTHING.
- Free Wi-Fi: Stay connected (obsessively).
- The Vibe: It's friendly, it's social, it's all about experiencing the city.
This isn’t just a place to sleep; it’s your launchpad for a Hong Kong adventure you’ll never forget.
So, what are you waiting for? Book NOW! Don't miss out on this opportunity! You deserve this. Book it now!
Luxor's Amon Hotel: Uncover Ancient Secrets & Modern Luxury!
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this ain't your grandma's itinerary. This is the Starfish Hostel Hong Kong: A Dive into Chaos (and hopefully, some good dumplings) itinerary. We're talking authentic, raw, and riddled with the inevitable screw-ups that make travel… well, travel.
Day 1: Arrival and the Great Dim Sum Debacle
14:00 (ish) - Arrival: Okay, first off, finding the Starfish Hostel. Turns out, "near the MTR station" is a relative term in Hong Kong. After a sweaty, slightly panicked, and very lost 30-minute shuffle with my backpack that felt like it was filled with lead bricks, I emerged victorious (and probably smelling faintly of armpits). The hostel itself? Clean enough. Bed? Surprisingly comfy. Fellow travelers? Seemed cool, though I already had the distinct feeling I'd be the one making a fool of myself.
15:00 - Unpacking and a Quick Panic Check: Pro tip: Never trust airline luggage handling. My suitcase, which I swear I checked, was now, magically, 2 hours late. Cue internal scream. After a brief power nap & the realization that no suitcase was arriving today & many emotional breakdowns, I pulled myself together. I’m a traveller. I'm prepared. I’m… wearing the same pair of socks for the past 12 hours. Okay, deep breaths.
17:00 - Dim Sum Quest: Right, fueled by what I hoped was a decent breakfast at a cramped, slightly questionable airport cafe (the "mystery meat" still haunts my dreams), it's time for dim sum! I'd read about this amazing place, a local favorite. The address? Scribbled on a napkin. My map? Unreliable. My Cantonese? Nonexistent. This is going to be fun.
- 17:45 - The Restaurant Hunt: Finally, after what felt like a marathon, I spot the place! A bustling, chaotic, glorious mess. The smell of steamed buns and the cacophony of clattering dishes were intoxicating.
- 18:00 - Dim Sum Disaster!: Navigating the ordering process was akin to surviving a minefield. Pointing, gesturing, and uttering the only two Cantonese phrases I knew ("Hello" and "Thank You") while the waiters seemed to have a poker face.
- 18:30: So, you know how they say "eat what you're given"? Well, apparently, I was given a plate of… something. I have no idea what it was. It was brown, chewy, and tasted faintly of… old gym socks. Internal meltdown 2.0. I surreptitiously buried it under a mountain of har gow (thank god for har gow). Lesson learned: stick to what you know. And maybe learn some more Cantonese.
20:00 - Temple Hopping (and a Bit of Contemplation): After a much-needed dose of dumplings and some comfort food, I wandered around the nearby temples. The incense, the chanting, the sheer vibrancy! It was overwhelming, in the best possible way. I sat for a while, watched the locals pray, and, feeling a whole lot calmer, I realized I loved this crazy city.
21:30 - Jet Lag-Induced Exhaustion: Back at the hostel, crashed into bed like a sack of potatoes. My travel buddy? The suitcase is nowhere in sight, but I’m going to sleep anyway.
Day 2: Victoria Peak Views and a Questionable Boat Ride
07:00 – Wake up and feel fine! Except, I’m still sock-less. I’m going to be a wreck, that’s that.
08:00 - Breakfast: Rice Porridge, and a Bad Impression Surprisingly, the hostel had a decent breakfast menu – rice porridge. So, after that, I decided to act more professional and, you know, blend in.
10:00 - Peak Tram Adventure: Okay, Victoria Peak. The views everyone raves about. The reality? A crowd of humanity so dense, I swear I was being slowly compressed into a human sardine. The tram ride? Terrifyingly steep. The views? Spectacular, once I fought my way to the front. Totally worth it. Just. Barely.
12:00 - Lunch: "Food Heaven" in a Crowded Market: After the peak, I explored a local market. The sheer variety of food stalls was insane, and the aromas of sizzling noodles, sweet pastries, and chili-infused everything hit me like a tidal wave. Found this place hawking the most amazing chicken-based dishes, but it turns out I don’t speak Cantonese, so I ended up with a plate of… chicken feet. Again. But hey, at least they weren’t brown and chewy this time!
14:00 - Ferry Fun (or, lack thereof): The plan: a ferry ride to a nearby island. The reality: a boat that resembled a floating tin can, churning the water, that caused a very specific queasiness, and a journey that stretched out into eternity. By the time I got off, I was green around the gills and vowing to stick to dry land.
17:00 - Night Market Chaos: The Temple street Night Market was… sensory overload. Neon lights, shouting vendors, the smell of street food (both good and bad), and the sheer energy of the place. It was amazing. I bought a knock-off designer bag, which had to be the best experience of my life.
19:00 - Dinner and Reflecting: I found a little noodle shop off the main drag, ate some delicious noodles, and sat back to reflect on the day. My feet hurt. My stomach wasn't quite sure what’s coming. I was broke. I'll admit, it was more than anything I could ever ask for. This city, this journey, was utterly bonkers!
21:00 - Hostel Hangs: Had a beer with some of the other travelers. Turns out getting lost, getting sick, and getting chicken feet is a common experience. We all laughed, shared stories, and planned future adventures. The backpack arrives… tomorrow?
Day 3: Kowloon, Dim Sum Redemption, and Departure (hopefully with socks)
- 09:00 - Dim Sum Round Two (Redemption Arc?): Armed with a newfound courage (and a pocket phrasebook), I revisited that dim sum place. This time, I knew what to order. I felt like a local! The har gow were perfect! Maybe I could like Hong Kong (and its food), after all.
- 11:00 - Exploring Kowloon: Kowloon was the perfect blend of old and new. The vibrant markets, the bustling streets, the contrasting architecture. I saw a film set (I swear I saw Chow Yun-Fat), wandered through a park, and soaked it all in.
- 13:00 - Lunch: Michelin Dream, Disaster, and a Lesson in Priorities: I'd read about this incredible Michelin-starred restaurant and figured, "Why not?" After a long wait, and after being told the prices, I decided to spend that money on other things…like, maybe, a plane ticket home.
- 15:00 - Last-Minute Souvenir Quest: I needed to find some memorable gifts to bring home to loved ones. This didn't turn out as expected.
- 17:00 - Farewell Meal and Reflections: The final dinner was at a fantastic little noodle shop. It was a bittersweet moment. I fell in love with this city, the chaos, the kindness, the food, and its beautiful imperfections.
- 19:00 - Departure: It was time to leave. I had a suitcase. I had socks. And I had a million memories, along with a deeper appreciation for the world, and a huge love for Hong Kong.
- And so it went. It was a fantastic trip, and I wouldn’t change anything.

Starfish Hostel: You Heard That Right. Unbeatable Views *and* Prices. (Seriously, What's the Catch?)
Okay, so you're eyeing Hong Kong, right? That concrete jungle of delicious dim sum and neon lights? And you're probably thinking, "Affordable lodging in Hong Kong? Good luck, buddy." Well, hold onto your hats (or your wallets, whatever), because I'm here to spill the tea on Starfish Hostel. Prepare for honesty – sometimes brutally so – and a whole lotta rambling. Welcome to the Starfish Reality Check.
1. Is Starfish Hostel REALLY as cheap as everyone says? Because, let's be honest, Hong Kong isn't exactly known for budget-friendly anything.
Alright, let's get down to brass tacks. *Yes*. And I mean, *YES* yes. I was expecting to eat instant ramen and live on the streets. Okay, maybe not the streets, but I had budgeted for a shoebox-sized room with a view of… well, probably a brick wall. Nope. Starfish? Legitimately affordable. I’m talking compared to a shoebox in the city. Like, it's actually *possible* to enjoy Hong Kong without selling a kidney. I remember the first time I looked at the prices, I scrolled back up, thinking I'd misread it. Twice. Then I checked again. Still there. The prices are a GIFT from the budget travel gods. Seriously, book it. Now. Before I go and buy up the entire place myself.
2. Okay, cheap. But what about the view? Everyone raves about it. Is it just a clever marketing ploy? Because I've seen some 'views' in my time…
The view. Ohhhhh, *the view.* Believe the hype. Seriously. I spent a half-hour just staring out the window the first time I went. It’s like… it's Hong Kong in a panoramic, postcard-perfect kind of way. Skyscrapers, the harbor, the boats... it's a symphony of city lights. Now, I'm not gonna lie, the first night was a bit rough. jet lag, that first solo trip, and I didn't think I would be able to handle the view. It was too beautiful. and now, I would love to stay there longer. It almost feels… wrong, to get that kind of scenery for the price. It feels like a steal. I'm half expecting someone to knock on the door and say, "Oops, wrong price! You owe us a kidney!" But they never did. Phew.
3. What's the hostel vibe like? Is it a party place? More chill? I'm not looking for a rave every night, but a little socializing would be nice.
Okay, the vibe. This is key. Starfish is, thankfully, not a hardcore party hostel. You're not gonna get woken up at 3 AM by some drunk backpacker belting karaoke. It's more… relaxed. Friendly, but not overly pushy. I'd say the vibe aims for chill but can be a little hit-or-miss. It depends on who's staying at the time. I do remember one guy, absolute Legend. He had a ukulele and regaled us with stories (and questionable singing). Seriously, he should have a TV show or something. One night it was absolute silence. Another night? Full-on, global conversation around some instant noodles. The common areas are perfect for meeting people, and the staff are generally super friendly and helpful. Ask them for food recommendation. I did, and it was delicious!
4. The rooms – are they cramped? I’ve heard Hong Kong accommodation can be… cozy.
"Cozy" is an understatement in Hong Kong, right? I've stayed in places that made a broom closet look spacious. Starfish, thankfully, is more… realistically sized. Don't expect a ballroom, but the dorm rooms, are *functional*. The private rooms are a godsend if you can swing it. You know, so you don't have to deal with the guy snoring like a walrus in the next bunk. Seriously. Bring earplugs, ALWAYS. My first stay, the dorm was not very pleasant. But the second time, it was such a great experience that I did not know what to do with all the good things!
5. How about the facilities? Is there a kitchen? Good Wi-Fi? Laundry? The essentials, you know?
Essentials, yes! There's a basic kitchen – think microwave, fridge, and a stove for whipping up some instant noodles (you can't escape them!). The Wi-Fi is reliable (a must!). Laundry facilities are a bonus. I actually once managed to set off the fire alarm trying to boil water in the kitchen. (Don't ask. I'm a terrible cook.) But the staff was super chill about it. Thank goodness, I was so embarrassed, I would have probably died. Anyway, the point is, they've got the basics covered.
6. Is the location convenient? Are you walking distance from the MTR? How much time will you spend at the hostel?
The location? It's pretty darn good, if you ask me. The hostel is located on... I have forgotten but it's very convenient to the MTR, and you'll be grateful for that. Seriously, the MTR is Hong Kong's lifeblood. The hostel's location is easy to navigate and very convenient. I would say that the hostel is the perfect place to stay for exploring. I was out and about all day. I only stayed there for sleeping and that amazing view.
7. Tell me the big negatives. What's the catch? What makes this not perfect?
Okay, okay, here's the truth bomb. Let's be real. It's not *perfect*. And it *shouldn't* be. The elevators are slow. *Really* slow. And I mean, like, you-could-walk-up-the-stairs-faster slow (though, remember, you're sacrificing the view by doing that!). The hostel can get a bit noisy (earplugs, remember!). And sometimes, the common area feels a little… crowded. It's a popular place, after all. The wifi sometimes can be a bit slow on weekend afternoon. So don't expect a luxury hotel experience. But look, for the price, you are absolutely getting more than you’re paying for. Just keep your expectations in check, pack those earplugs, and embrace the adventure.
8. Final verdict: Should I book it? Or run away?
Book it. Seriously. Book it now. I mean, are you really going to let a few slow elevators and potential snoring ruin your Hong Kong adventure? The views alone are worth the price of admission. The price is unbeatable. It's the kind of place that inspires stories. Go! and then come back here and tell me all the fun things. (I need new story ideas.)

