
Guangzhou's BEST Hotel? Echarm Plus: Zhujiang New Town Luxury!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the whirlwind that is Guangzhou's Echarm Plus: Zhujiang New Town Luxury! The name itself? A bit… much. But did it live up to the luxury hype, you ask? Well, let's unpack this suitcase of a hotel experience, shall we? (SEO Alert! Keywords galore incoming: Guangzhou Hotel, Zhujiang New Town, Luxury Hotel, Accessible Hotel, Guangzhou Accommodation, Spa Hotel Guangzhou, Fitness Center Guangzhou)
First off, getting there. Accessibility: Alright, listen, I'm not specifically reviewing this from a wheelchair-bound perspective (though I'll touch upon it!). Sadly I found it was not wheelchair friendly, I see on-line reviews about it. The elevator was big enough. The important thing is that is on high floor, you can easily get to the most important spot in your room. And the exterior? Well, let's just say a little bit of pre-planning never hurts. Airport transfer? They've got it. Thank heavens, because navigating the traffic (more on that later) is a sport in itself.
On-site accessible restaurants / lounges: This isn't my forte. The hotel claims accessibility, but do your homework (check reviews!) if this is a deal-breaker.
Wheelchair accessible Sadly, this hotel fell short in this area, do more research on this feature.
The Internet. Oh, The Internet. Internet access, Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!, Internet, Internet [LAN], Internet services, Wi-Fi in public areas, Wi-Fi for special events. Let's be honest, in the 21st century, a hotel without solid Wi-Fi is basically a medieval dungeon. Luckily, Echarm Plus delivers. Free Wi-Fi? Check. Fast enough to stream cat videos? Double check. I even managed to (gasp!) upload some glorious food pics to the 'gram. Wi-Fi in public areas? Yep. LAN? Haven't tried it, I'm modern. Internet services? Likely, they're offering the world.
Things to Do & Ways to Relax (or, Trying to Find Zen in a Concrete Jungle)
Okay, so you've survived the journey. Now for the fun part… or at least, some fun.
(Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor], Body scrub, Body wrap, Foot bath, Massage, Pool with view, Sauna, Gym/fitness)
The gym? It's there. I peeked in, saw people sweating, thought "Nah, not today," and promptly went back to bed. But, if you're a fitness fanatic (or just feeling guilty about that dessert), it's there.
The pool with a view… this is where it gets interesting. Pictures looked gorgeous. Reality? Maybe a slight letdown. The view was great, but the pool felt a bit crowded. It's the typical feeling of trying to luxuriate and all that can give is an underwhelming feeling.
The Spa…oh, the Spa This is where I was hoping to find my happy place. Body scrub, Body wrap, Foot bath, Massage, Sauna, Steamroom. I’m a sucker for a good massage, so booked myself in for the works. It was…decent. Not life-changing, but definitely relaxing. The sauna and steamroom? Perfectly passable. I do get so stressed out easily that the feeling of that kind of comfort is so important.
Cleanliness and Safety (Because, Well, You Know…)
(Anti-viral cleaning products, Breakfast in room, Breakfast takeaway service, Cashless payment service, Daily disinfection in common areas, Doctor/nurse on call, First aid kit, Hand sanitizer, Hot water linen and laundry washing, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Shared stationery removed, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment, Access, CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Check-in/out [express], Check-in/out [private], Exterior corridor, Fire extinguisher, Front desk [24-hour], Non-smoking rooms, Safety/security feature, Security [24-hour], Smoke alarms)
Okay, let's get real. It's 2024. Cleanliness better be a priority, and Echarm Plus seems to have gotten the memo. Lots of precautions, which is comforting considering gestures vaguely at the world. Everything felt clean, sanitized, and generally safe. I appreciated the individual-wrapped food options, the hand sanitizer everywhere, and the overall vigilance.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking – Fueling the Adventure (Or, My Personal Food Diary)
(A la carte in restaurant, Alternative meal arrangement, Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Bar, Bottle of water, Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, International cuisine in restaurant, Poolside bar, Restaurants, Room service [24-hour], Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant)
Breakfast! The MOST important meal of the day, am I right? Breakfast [buffet], Asian breakfast, Western breakfast. The buffet was…decent. A pretty great mix of Asian and Western options. The coffee was not great, but let’s be honest, hotel coffee is rarely amazing. The other food options? I mostly stuck to dim sum. It was my first time and well, I was in Guangzhou! If you’re there, you have to try to dim sum. Definitely a highlight.
Services and Conveniences (The Little Things That Make a Difference) (Air conditioning in public area, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Essential condiments, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center, Doorman, Elevator)
So here's where Echarm Plus shines. The concierge was super helpful with directions and recommendations. Contactless check-in/out? Yes, please. Daily housekeeping? My room was spotless. Luggage storage? Smooth as silk. The Wi-Fi worked (again! Praise be!). The amenities were decent, but I felt like the staff members really made the difference.
For the Kids (Or, Escaping the Little Tyrants) (Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal)
I didn't have any kids with me but I did some research. They seem welcoming to families.
Rooms, Glorious Rooms! (Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens, Additional toilet)
The room itself? Spacious, modern, comfortable. Air-conditioning was a lifesaver in the Guangzhou humidity. The bed? Cloud-like. The blackout curtains? Perfection. I loved the walk-in closet. The extra-long bed was nice but I still did not sleep well! I wanted to test it for one night and it did not felt like a luxury hotel. It was just an average hotel. The bathroom? Clean, modern, and had a decent shower.
Getting Around (Navigating the Chaos)
(Airport transfer, Bicycle parking, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking)
Traffic in Guangzhou is… an experience. They have a taxi service, airport transfer and even a car park [on-site], thank goodness. So getting around is possible, I just wish it was easier.
The Verdict (Drumroll, Please!) Echarm Plus: Zhujiang New Town Luxury. Is it the BEST hotel in Guangzhou? Hmm, that's a tough one. It's definitely a solid choice. It's clean, comfortable, and in a great location. The spa was not super special. The staff are fantastic. It's not perfect, but it’s pretty darn good. Definitely check out any promotion to
Unbelievable Kuala Lumpur Luxury: Your Private Oasis Awaits! (Berjaya Times Square)
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this "itinerary" for the Echarm Plus Hotel in Guangzhou? It's about to get REAL. Forget those sterile, bullet-pointed travel plans. We're diving headfirst into the glorious, chaotic mess that is a human being trying to navigate China.
Guangzhou Grind: A Semi-Coherent Plan (Maybe?)
Day 1: Arrival, Jet Lag, and the Great Dim Sum Debate
- Morning (6:00 AM - Technically Still Night): Land in Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport. Ugh. The flight was a red-eye from…wherever. Memory is fuzzy. Pretty sure I slept through the complimentary meal, which, based on the general airline food experience, was probably a blessing. Customs? A blur of smiling Chinese faces, a stamp, and me feeling vaguely like I'd been processed. Immediately grab a cab, the kind where you're pretty sure the driver takes every turn on two wheels. The Echarm Plus in Zhujiang New Town. I've been on the road for days, and I'm a total mess.
- Morning (9:00 AM - Maybe): Check-in. Hopefully, the room doesn't reek of cigarette smoke. (Fingers crossed!) A quick power nap is absolutely essential to stop the jet lag from eating my brain. I'm going to be a useless pile of limbs if I don't at least try to sleep. The jet lag is like a grumpy roommate you can't evict.
- Late Morning/Early Afternoon (12:00 PM - Ish): The Dim Sum! This is the moment I've been waiting for. The hotel is conveniently located near Wuyangcun Metro Station, perfect for a dim sum odyssey.
- The Dim Sum Rumble: Okay, so the plan was to find a "local's favorite" restaurant. But the reality? I'm completely lost. Okay, so the first place I found looks a little… intimidating. Menus in Chinese (obviously!), and I feel like I'm the only non-Chinese person in the building. Panic sets in. I point at a picture. SUCCESS! A glorious plate of har gow (shrimp dumplings) arrives. The first bite? Heaven. Pure, dumpling-y heaven. I devour them so fast it doesn't seem real. I order everything. This is my new purpose in life. More shrimp dumplings, I see cha siu bao (BBQ pork buns). OMG the pork buns are the best! I order more. Then come the buns - steaming, fluffy, and filled with perfectly seasoned pork. Then the steamed chicken feet (don't judge me). They're actually fantastic! I eat a whole plate of them (and I feel a little guilty about it).
- The Imperfection: In my dumpling-induced haze, I manage to spill soy sauce everywhere. It's a disaster. I try to clean it up, and end up making things worse. The waiter just smiles and brings me more napkins. Bless them.
- Afternoon (2:00 PM - 4:00 PM): Explore Zhujiang New Town. Supposedly modern, I'm going to find out for my self. I'm thinking of checking out the Guangdong Museum. Maybe take a walk by the Canton Tower.
- The Emotion: The high-rises are beautiful, but… where are the people? I feel like I'm walking around in a movie set. Okay, the Canton Tower is impressive, really impressive. But it's also… a giant tower. Great view though.
- Evening (6:00 PM - Whenever): Dinner. The city feels different now. I'm leaning towards a simple noodle soup. It's okay. The noodles are decent and the broth is salty. I'm starting to get tired.
- Night (9:00 PM - Bedtime): Back to the Echarm. I crash. Jet lag wins. Sleep is a sweet, sweet victory.
Day 2: Lost in Translation, and Possibly Lost in Guangzhou
- Morning (8:00 AM - Kind of): Wake up. Still a little fuzzy. The bed at the Echarm Plus is actually pretty decent. I actually slept well!
- Morning (9:00 AM - 12:00 AM): Breakfast. The hotel breakfast is… well, it's a breakfast. They have congee. Rice porridge that I'm not sure I actually like. I take a bite of the congee, and it reminds me of my grandmother. Very nostalgic and then I'm thinking about how much I loved her and it triggers a full-blown existential crisis. I get some toast.
- Afternoon/Late Morning (12:00 PM - 3:00 PM): Attempt to use public transport. The metro is terrifying, even with the helpful signs (in both English and Chinese!). I attempt to buy a metro card. Communication is a struggle. I attempt to explain where I'm going. It's a mess. The lady behind the counter is incredibly patient as I flail wildly with my hand gestures and mumbled words. I finally get on the right train. I think.
- Afternoon (3:00 PM - 5:00 PM): I was going to go to the Chen Clan Academy. I get off the metro, and I'm immediately lost. I turn around. I walk down a side street. I am pretty sure I'm not going anywhere. I feel utterly, beautifully, fantastically lost.
- The Rambles: This is it. This is the experience I was looking for, the one where I'm utterly alone in a strange, beautiful place. No, not the Academy. I'm going to wander. I find a tiny park filled with old men playing mahjong. It is so peaceful. I watch them for a while, mesmerized by their focused intensity. I think I might want to learn this game.
- The Opinion: This is it. The genuine experience. Not the curated, tourist-friendly version of China. It's the grit, the beauty, the utter confusion all rolled into one gorgeous package.
- Evening (6:00 PM - Whenever): Dinner. Find a street food stall. Try something I can't identify. It's delicious. I don't need to know what it is. Just the taste.
- Night (9:00 PM - Bedtime): Back to the Echarm. I collapse. Feeling much happier than I was the day before. Sleep feels like a true luxury.
Day 3: Departure (Possibly Crying?)
- Morning (7:00 AM - Maybe): Last hotel breakfast. Sigh. I am actually sad to leave.
- Morning (8:00 AM - 10:00 AM): Final wanders around Zhujiang New Town. Take some pictures because I'll never be here again.
- Late Morning (10:00 AM - 11:00 AM): Check out of the Echarm Plus. This hotel was great. It was safe. It was clean.
- Afternoon (12:00 PM onwards): Back to the airport. Hope the flight's not delayed. I may or may not shed a tear as I leave Guangzhou. It's been one hell of an adventure.
- The Emotional Conclusion: I am changed. Guangzhou, you beautiful, chaotic, delicious beast, you've got me. I will be back. I hope I haven't offended anyone with my mess. I am going to miss the food. I am going to miss the smells. I am going to miss everything.
Important Notes:
- Flexibility is KEY: This is a loose outline. Things will go wrong. Embrace it. Get lost!
- Food is Life: Eat EVERYTHING. Seriously.
- Language Barrier: Download a translation app. Learn a few basic Mandarin phrases. Smile. People are generally lovely.
- Don't be an idiot: Pay attention to pickpockets. Watch your belongings. Common sense applies.
- Most Important: Enjoy it. Savour every moment, every dumpling, every confusing metro ride. You're in China. Live it!

Echarm Plus: Zhujiang New Town Luxury - Seriously, BEST? Let's Get Real...
Okay, okay, the name’s a mouthful. Is "Luxury" actually… real in relation to this Echarm Plus thingy?
Alright, let's cut the marketing fluff. "Luxury" is a loaded word, right? I mean, are you expecting gold-plated taps and swan-shaped towels? Probably not. This Echarm Plus? It's "luxury" in a sort of... well, thoughtfully-designed, modern-meets-practical kind of way. Think IKEA meets high-end, if that makes sense. Don't expect a Ritz-Carlton experience (and the price reflects that!) but the rooms are genuinely well-appointed. I remember, one time, I walked in and my jaw *nearly* hit the floor – like, for a moment, I thought I'd accidentally stepped into a minimalist design catalog. But then... you find the USB charging ports strategically placed right next to the bed, the wonderfully soft (but not ridiculously fluffy) towels, and the decent-sized TV. That's luxury-adjacent, and it works for me. It's a curated experience, not a gilded cage.
Zhujiang New Town… sounds swanky. Is it *convenient* swanky? Like, can I stumble back from dinner without getting mugged (or hopelessly lost)?
YES! Zhujiang New Town is *fantastic* for accessibility. The hotel is practically on top of the metro. Seriously, you could probably roll out of bed, onto the elevator, and be underground in less than five minutes (assuming you don't get distracted by the suspiciously clean lobby). I have a truly *terrible* sense of direction, and even *I* managed to navigate. The area itself is super safe. It's all gleaming skyscrapers, manicured lawns, and a general sense of… well, wealth, frankly. I've wandered around at 2 AM (don't ask), and never felt remotely uneasy. You'll be surrounded by shops, restaurants galore (from cheap eats to places where you need a small loan), and it's all just effortlessly convenient. Just be prepared to dodge the occasional expensive-looking sports car.
The rooms! Spill the tea: Are they actually comfortable? And are those windows *really* soundproof? (I'm a light sleeper.)
Okay, let's talk rooms. Comfortable? Mostly. The beds are definitely good – not the cloud-like fluffiness you get at ultra-luxury hotels but a solid, supportive kind of comfort. They get bonus points for providing a real, actual blanket, not just a thin sheet that’s disguised as one. The pillows are… fine. Not life-changing, but they’ll do. And the windows… YES! The windows are good. Really good. Soundproof-ish. I am also a light sleeper (seriously, I can hear a pin drop) and I found I could sleep in peace. You might hear a distant siren or the hum of the city, but it's nothing that'll keep you awake. The best thing is that the room is generally quiet, which is *golden* when you need to actually rest on a trip.
Breakfast. Is it a sad, pre-packaged affair? Or something worth actually getting out of bed for?
*Sigh*. The breakfast situation is… a mixed bag. Let's be honest. It’s not the reason you're staying there, but it isn't a total write-off either. It is basic, but fine. There are eggs (cooked how you like them), some pastries, and a very standard buffet of Chinese and Western breakfast options. The coffee is, um… drinkable. (I’m a coffee snob, so I’m hard to please.) The pastries are... well, they’re there. You won’t starve. Consider it a good fuel-up for your day of exploring. If you have high breakfast expectations, plan on grabbing something amazing at a cafe nearby to make up for it. I'd say, don’t get your hopes up for a foodie paradise, but it does the job.
How's the Wi-Fi? Because, you know, gotta stay connected!
The Wi-Fi is generally good. No, scratch that, it's *usually* good. Look, sometimes it's a bit wonky. It’s not like it’s constantly dropping out, but it's the kind of Wi-Fi that reminds of you of why you like to travel abroad. There were times where I was streaming something and it was a little bit laggy, and some times where I could barely get a connection. Now, I do know, what you might be thinking, and yes, this is probably not ideal if you are traveling on business. However, since I am not the most hard-core business traveler, I would say it's good. If you have to have a constant, reliable, blazing fast connection for very important, money making stuff, then maybe find a place with better internet speeds. If you are like me, and like a good connection, but can cope with a moment or two of lag, then go for it.
The staff! Are they helpful? Do they speak English? (My Mandarin is… rusty, to say the least.)
The staff are generally super helpful. Now, language skills can vary. Some staff members speak really good English; some are decent, and some… well, they try their best! Communication can sometimes be a little… ahem… "creative." But they are genuinely friendly and eager to help. I remember getting completely lost trying to find a specific street, and one of the staff members actually walked me part of the way! Above and beyond, I'd say. Even if communication is slightly challenging, they're all about trying to assist. Bring your translator app - you'll be fine. You might even learn some Mandarin, which is a plus.
The Bottom Line: Would you stay here again, and what's the biggest "but"?
Yes, I'd definitely stay here again. It's clean, convenient, and good value for the money. The "but"? Well, honestly, the biggest "but" is the breakfast (as mentioned previously). It's not a *dealbreaker*, but don't expect a culinary masterpiece. However, for the price, the location, and the overall decent quality, it's a solid choice. I'd describe it as a reliable, no-frills, very serviceable hotel. It isn't a place where you'll be overwhelmed with the "wow" factor, but it’s a good place to hunker down, and explore Guangzhou. You are unlikely to be disappointed.
Okay, give me the *real* dirt. Anything actually *bad* about it? Because no place is perfect…
Alright, fine. The dirt. Honestly, the "bad" is mostly minor niggles. The elevators could getGlobetrotter Hotels

